White bump/ pimple on gallbladder incision and pain in upper right quadrant

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. I’m 2 months post op from gallbladder surgery. I recently just noticed a little white bump almost like a pimple on one of my incisions. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced that. Also, I’m been having a pain right where my gallbladder used to be. It doesn’t hurt only when I bend down and lift my right leg or when I move in a certain way. It’s like a pinching pain. Thoughts? Anything would help. I’ve been having a lot of anxiety lately. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

As for the bump I don't know it's probably is a little puss pocket. As for your pain you just had major surgery. The pain is your muscles stretching and all inside you are building up scar tissue. You are going to feel a lot of weird pain in you stomach for a year. I went thru the same thing. So don't be alarmed you are just feeling healing pains. No need to stress over that ok.

• Posted

you sure? Today the pain has been like slowly throbbing and then it goes away. the pain just came out of nowhere I guess thats why I'm a little freaked. 

• Posted

Hi there, Fernando is right, you have just had an organ removed that was attached to your liver, it will take time for this to heal, there are nerves near the site where they detach it that get disturbed during surgery and they send nerve pain around the place, I found round my right side. Be patient with this, it will settle down. Unless you develop high temperature, sickness etc then go straight to your dr. I am not medically trained, just my own experience of this surgery earlier this year.

Good luck

• Posted

I think you have had 2 very good replies to be honest, with regard to the white pimple unless it changes colour it is probably innocent, just something for you to keep an eye on.  The pains are most certainly linked to removal as has been said, your body is adjusting to an organ being removed and this is invasive to our system so your body will react accordingly.  The fact your saying about anxiety is one of the major issues i have with GB attacks, this is one of the most horrible side effects, which is why I believe I excessively sweat with attacks when eating.  Only removal will prove this point, if proved by HIDA test whether my GB is working or not?  If my GB is working which I severely doubt, then boy am I in for a rough ride next year.

However, if you really feel what you have read with peoples advice/posts, ALWAYS go to your DR, I for one am certainly not a Dr!

• Posted

Yeah, you're probably right. It's just I was feeling fine all of my pain had gone away and suddenly on thursday this pain came out of nowhere. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.