White bumps inside top lip

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi.

I hope someone can help me.

I was eating some chocolate ice cream when I felt a tingle in my upper lip. I went to investigate.

It's not unusual for me to get mouth ulcers with certain foods or if I'm feeling drained. But there are about 20 of these tiny white/yellow bumps.

Each bump is separated by normal skin. I cannot pop them. They are so small also. They have been there now for about 5 days with no pain. They're just there. I'm not 100% sure they weren't already there but I only noticed them now.

I'm concerned, as I had oral sex with a new partner recently (8 days ago, and these seemed to appear about 3 days after). They have not changed appearance and haven't burst or anything like that. They look like they just live there now. 😳🤔

Please advise. I'm very concerned.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

From what can be seen in the pictures you have provided, I would not say that this is herpes labialis, since the herpes lesion has little fluid-filled blisters that itch and hurt.

In any case, you can seek a general practitioner, dental surgeon or dermatologist to get a more accurate diagnosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.