White bumps inside vaginal opening, serious yeast infection or herpes?

Posted , 31 users are following.

ive recently become sexually active after almost one year. my partner and i had both protected and unprotected sex. i took the morning after pill on thursday morning, and started noticing the entrance of my vagina was tender on friday. by saturday morning it was quite itchy and uncomfortable, i assumed that my labia minora was just dry or slightly irritated from the sex. saturday evening i used a flashlight and mirror to look at what was causing all the discomfort and i was horrified to see these white bumps inside my vagina. ive been googling images and havent really found anything that quite matches and im really concerned. im unable to go to the doctors until tomorrow so i was wondering if anyone has had something similar happen? my symptoms are: itching, the white bumps, swelling inside my vagina, tenderness at vaginal opening, and slight stinging/burning when i go to the bathroom. image

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Edited

I am no doctor, but that doesn't look like typical herpes. I have a yeast infection currently and have those same bumps on my vagina - what did your doctors say?

• Edited

it was a yeast infection, 3 day canesten treatment and my symptoms have reduced greatly!

• Edited

@sally27409 hey im experiencing the same thing rn, actually it been 2days i checked awhile ago looked into the mirror and saw those white thing on my vaginal opening and was horrified, thats why im searching it through google and saw this. may i know what to do or how to cure it? its sooo itchy.

• Edited

hey i am experiencing the same thing ... its an yeast infection before i was able to find out what it was i sat in an warm water bath nothing in it to help with the itch just dont itch it while you in there & You cure it with Miconazole kit doctors said that it will be gone in 3days .

• Posted

Hello! I'm not a doctor but I would say that looks like a yeast infection. Usually yeast infections can cause swelling which may be the culprit to those bumps. Can you wipe off the white stuff?

• Posted

it was a yeast infection, and no the white stuff was the bumps itself. this is my first yeast infection in 8 years so i was worried.

• Posted

oh my gosh....I feel the exact same way... mine started yesterday morning but I didn't think it was anything, I thought I was just sore from all sex I've been having.....but it got worse towards evening... it was dry and itchy and so f*****g uncomfortable.... I was trying not to panick, I took a mirror and looked at it, the first time it was redish and the second time it had white spots around it ... I was so scared

Then today I checked it when I woke up and the while thing was white; the opening of my vagina , the inner lips, as well as the hole the dick goes inside...sitting down has been uncomfortabletoo. so I went to get a test done because Googling my symptoms wasn't helping.... I'll be getting my test results in two days .... buy for the time being I'm going to be taking drugs, one is oral while the second one I would have to insert it inside my vagine

• Posted

what did the results say? My symptoms are similars to yours

• Posted

Omg I looked this up because I'm going through the same problem i was really going to break up with my boyfriend bc I thought he gave me an STD but thank God he didn't it's just an yeast infection 😅

• Posted

hello, i recently have had this problem. are the bumps kind of like skin tags? like if you itch them do they bleed? i just kind of got worried because they feel solid and arent spreading. so herpes is a no but i just want to ask you those questions just for relief.

• Posted

Yeah the bumps kinda feels like skin tags, when I itch they don't bleed. When I went to the doctors, they confirmed it was a yeast infection. I hope this helps.

• Edited

Hey, I am going through the same thing as you. I went to the doctors, had all my swaps and my results came back negative for everything. However, I've been on treatment now for a week and although my symptoms have reduced, I'm still experiencing some itchiness around my bikini line and my bumps that are very similar to yours that haven't gone. My question is how long it took for your symptoms to go and did the bumps ever go. I've taken one dose of fluconazole and have been using antifungal cream. I'm considering taking another dose of fluconazole and seeing how that goes. I just need some advice as most people who experience yeast infections say they go within three days.

Thank you.

• Posted

and is there anything i can do for the itchiness

• Posted

Hello!

I know this comment is 7 wks old but JIC I wanted to share a possibility for your continued itching and bumps after completing treatment:

Do you shave your bikini area regularly? If so, the itching and bumps that are still occurring could be from razor burn/razor rash/ ingrown hairs from shaving. (Since you finished the Yeast Infection treatment, I mean)

I get bad "razor bumps" or ingrown hairs whenever I shave my bikini area. And become extremely itchy and get tiny little bumps in the area I shaved while the hair is growing back, re- breaking the skin. My gynecologist actually demanded me to quit shaving because of how badly I "break out".

Infections were ruled out, my skin is just overly sensitive in that particular area so my skin becomes very irritated. Wondering if that could possibly be the cause for your remaining symptoms.

Hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.