White cell scan

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had a letter to go for a white cell scan in 2wks time. Hopefully this will determine once and for all whether or not there is any inflammation in my bowel as my consultant is going on just the one stool sample! Has anyone had this done and did it show anything?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I do that but, was in hospitail at the time. May 2008. Good luck to you! Jo.
    • Posted

Did it show anything? I'm assuming it's not traumatic as there's no nasty prep involved! smile
  • Posted

No, I got a scope up my bottom and it showed what was wrong with me.
    • Posted

My colonoscopy was clear, but I've always been told my problem is in the small bowel. I guess if this also come back clear I will throw in the towel and resign myself to a diagnosis of IBS sad
  • Posted

Hi jo, don't give up too easily things will be ok. My mum has I.B.S, there are meds you can take if it us that. Ok
    • Posted

Thanks. I've been on IBS meds for 20 years, many different types non of which have solved the problem. I had a diagnosis of IBS but when I was re referred last August they found I had raised calprotectin levels. That's when they said it wasn't IBS. Unfortunately my scopes were clear so I'm still non the wiser! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.