White/light markings/lines on glans

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I've had a very tine white/lighter patch on my glans for a while, which seemed like a small yeast spot to me. However, in the past month this spot has become significantly bigger. The symptoms are rather hard to describe, so I have attached a picture. The markings seem to be less prominent in the morning, and are most prominent after showering or masturbating.

The doctor thought it was yeast and gave me an anti-fungal cream. It's almost been 2 weeks but there hasn't been much change in the symptoms. The actual marks are very slightly raised from the glans. There is no further pain or anything involved, just the markings. I do think my glans is irrated quicker because of the marks though. The pattern of the markings seems to somewhat resemble lightning or some other pattern of lines.

An STD test for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia game back negative.

Any ideas what this could be? Much appreciated!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yeast- stop washing your penis with soap- only water and a quick rub down of foreskin and glans. Soap destroys bacteria that help your body fight infection and help bacteria that ate attacking
  • Posted

I think your doctor is right - keep using the cream, but tell her / him if you use it all and it hasn't helped. You may need a stronger formulation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.