White line still there..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I posted about this not long ago bit still worried. I have a white line inside my cheek and went to see a surgeon for maybe a biopsy but he said it didnt look like anything bad but we would keep an eye on it and I have an appt to see him again next week.

The thing is that it is still there same as it was. I had been sucking my cheeks prior to finding this line and have stopped now but it hasn't gone at all.

The surgeon said that it seemed like a bite on the bottom of the line

So my question is has anyone else had a white mark from mouth trauma that lasted around 2 months ?

It doesn't feel as rough as it used to but the actual line is still there...

As the days are getting closer to going back to see the dr I am freaking out more.

Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christie,

Yes, I know what you mean and I have had these in the past, because like you I sometimes bite or suck the inside of my cheek.

It was all OK though as I had it checked by a dentist and was declared no serious issue, so I have trusted her and I am sure that biting/sucking my cheek was all it was.

So, Christie, try not to worry any longer, your issue I am sure is the same as mine and your surgeon has already said nothing to worry about. He will say the same next time I am sure.

Let us know how you get on please.

Take care and best wishes

• Posted

Hi personal20, thank you for your response. I really appreciate it. Last night went to after hour clinic and as I had some bleeding under the tongue and I had a huge anxiety attack and the dr said it all looks ok and that maybe the white line could have been from an ulcer from cheek sucking..He checked the surgeons notes and he calmed me down.

I seem to have developed anxiety ..

Thank you so much for your reply ..

Hope you're well...

• Posted

Hi Christie,

I am glad you have calmed down a bit now and glad nothing serious going on in your mouth.

It's very easy to become over anxious about something, things can easily spiral out of control and you really needed that reassurance for the Dr to become calmer.

If you are feeling anxious in any way at all Christie, just put a post on here and I at least will respond to try and help. Don't worry how trivial it may sound, just come on and tell us whats worrying you if you can.

Take care and best wishes.

• Posted

I have the same thing and I've been to two different ent and they're blaming it on stress but they don't know what it is and they don't seem to care, they prescribed me a magic mouthwash wish it didn't do anything. last week I tried to remove it with a tongue scraper and I was able to remove it and some blood came out, it hasn't healed completely yet. it looks like these days is hard to find a good doctor.

• Posted

Hi George..George..sorry to hear you are having this problem. Did you get a biopsy done? I wasn't given anything, just told to come back in a month....a month and it is still the same.

I go back next Friday and maybe since it didn't clear they will do one.

It is so stressful...

As the bite marks on my lip they knew it was from that but the white line they wanted to check..

• Posted

hi and thanks for the response. Well one ent said it could be oral lichen planus and there was nothing he can do for that and it was not necessary to do a biopsy, he said he was not going to do that, he was very unprofessional. he just said to try to have less stress. the other ent said it was nothing to worry about and prescribed a mouth wash. My pcp have done numerous blood test and everything negative so far. I'm going to schedule an appointment with another ent to see if someone finally knows what this could be. I wish you the best christie . good luck

• Posted

Hi George ..i understand the frustration with not getting answers. My surgeon also said no need for a biopsy.

I had some blood under my tongue last night so went to an after hr clinic who said my tongue was normal. I asked him to check the white line and he checked the surgeons notes. I asked him if he knew what the line could be and he said it could have been an ulcer that I may have had for a while ...I will go to see the surgeon again for a follow up.

I hope you get some answers and hope it is all ok..

Please let us know how it all goes. I will post after i see the surgeon next Friday.

• Posted

Hi , just am update on my surgeon appt. He said there was no plaque and it was looking ok, still doesn't know what it is but the gp said it may have been an ulcer that I had for a long time that has scarred. That is the closest to an answer to what it is. The surgeon said he doesnt want to cut it (biopsy) unless there is a need , which at this point he doesn't think I need to and will see me in 3 months to check it again.

I also have a new ulcer at the back of my mouth which isn't clearing but will see how that goes.

Needless to say the anxiety if not knowing is hard but I try not to think about it since there isn't much I can do.

Hope you all are ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.