White lump visible on back of throat

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All

I started getting a sore feeling in the back of my throat last night, but only in one specific spot. I woke this morning and the area of my throat affected was still sore, so I had a quick look down my throat and I've noticed there is a white lump to the right of my Uvula (the dangly bit in the back of my throat), which I'm sure is the cause of the soreness. Does anyone know what this might be?

I'm not experiencing any other symptoms, I feel perfectly fine otherwise, apart from getting bouts of acid reflux, which is something I get a lot and do receive treatment for.

I'd be grateful to know if anyone has any ideas what might be the cause of this sore white lump on my throat.

Many thanks in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like "Strep throat". Gargle with warm water with a pinch of salt dissolved in it. Drink hot honey and lemon, take Paracetamol or Ibuprofen if its painful,suck throat lozenges. It should get better after about a week,but if it gets worse and you are still suffering after 3 weeks go to your doctor. Very common this time of year.

• Posted

Many thanks for the reply, and much what I suspected.

However, it cleared up within 2 days of it starting, which I found rather odd indeed, I was expecting it to last a lot longer than it did??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.