White patches

Posted , 11 users are following.

i was diagnosed with LS about three years ago.  God it is a hateful disease.  I use Dermovate to keep the LS under control, my urethra is very tiny and there is a possibility it will have to be sorted in the future.  I have been using the Dermivate in this area and also over my clitoris which was slowly disappearing, my clitoris appears to have come back! But I have noticed my skin above my clitoris is white and also on my labia, but only on the outer parts, difficult to describe really but the centre of my 'girlie bits' is a healthy pink/red but round the edge is white. I thought initially that the Dermivate had caused the whiteness but I am wondering now if this is the LS and I should use the Dermovate on this area specifically? Probably a bit of a silly question but has anyone else experienced this? I may well go to doctors anyway to get this checked out. Thank you all, your support is invaluable and soooo appreciated. X

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Caroline, so sorry to hear you have this horrible disease. Luckily you have now been diagnosed AND you have found this forum, probably like the rest of us by accident rather than design. Finding others and hearing their thoughts and reading the discussions has helped me cope and also to feel that I was not alone.  The LS became less scary in my head, doesn't mean it went away just that I felt more able to cope. Best wishes Suzanne x [possibly a future 'peeing sprinkler ;(. ]
    • Posted

You're welcome Mary.

Bless you Suzanne, you are so right on all counts. Especially the not suffering, and i use the word advisedly, on our own. I can feel the genuine care and concern in people's replies, it's a balm in itself. Sincerely hope you always pee straight ☺

Am now going to look into eating a more anti inflammatory diet. I have recently cut out caffeine - my body MADE me give up wheat and glutton a while back , oh and sex of course ! 😢

take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.