White patches and sex

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had mild symptoms now for about a year. Then I got into a relationship... They've been more frequently appearing. Out of nowhere, today, I noticed lots of white patches in the opening of my vagina. I've got my creams and I'm starting my treatment again, but here's my question... My boyfriend and I are headed for a romantic Vaycay in two days... If my symptoms are purely visible, and no major discomfort, is it safe to have sex with white patches? My patches have stayed away for a whole year, so I feel like a newbie again. Never been in this situation before. Help!!!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nikki,

And why not ?  Have fun.  Make sure you keep youself well lubricated at all times.

And try not to worry.  Sex is healthy.

• Posted

Hi nikki just relax and enjoy your brake, make sure you use lube all will be well. Remember stress  makes things worse. x

• Posted

Right! I know, I'm always so stressed. Must manage that. Any suggestions for lube?
  • Posted

Hi Nikki, kudos for you in that you have only visual symptoms. I am so glad you have started using your treatment again, we should never stop it, only lessen it when our symptoms are better. Keep coconut oil at the ready and take the baking soda on your trip for those quick sitz baths.

• Posted

I'm not familiar with the sitz bath? And do you use coconut oil for lubrication?
    • Posted

Nikki, I keep baking soda in a peri-bottle and coconut oil at my toilet, everytime I go to the bathroom for pee or poop, after wiping, I use the peri-bottle mix(1/2teaspoon baking soda to 8oz of water) to wash off my front and my backside, then I apply coconut oil. I apply it even in areas where I am not symptomatic, because the coconut oil will keep adhesions from forming. You want things to be slippery down there. I also keep both in smaller amounts in my purse, for when I have to use the bathroom at a friends house or in a public bathroom. I was diagnosed in November and am really doing well. Try not to stress, maybe this is why suddenly your white patches have reappeared. Many on this forum talk about restricting sugar and chocolate. Fortunately for me, those do not cause me issues. But being from south Louisiana, the spicy seasonings we use, "kill" me. So think about what you have been doing recently. I still have white patches on my perineum(between vaginal opening and rectum) but I am not itching or burning. I am down to using the ointment only once a day, at night. I am down to taking a sitz bath once a day, at night, a sitz bath is warm water and I add a 1/2 cup of baking soda to the bath. Make sure you stir it around with your foot. An added plus to the baking soda bath is that my skin is so much softer! My mom advice to you is to enjoy your vacay, make sure you are well lubricated and that you bring your supplies. Hopefully you have told your significant other about your condition, because you surely don't want to not be "ready" and the "rough" stuff should be avoided. Also, when I do have a flare up, the warm saturated tea bag to the area really helps.
    • Posted

Mary!!! Thank you for the tip. I'm definitely going to do the sitz bath... And, enjoy my Vaycay! Yep, he knows everything. He's great about everything.
  • Posted

I highly recommend a lubricant called Yes. It is ph matched to the natural vaginal secretions and is all natural. The water based version can also be inserted for vaginal dryness or if you've thrown your ph off with too much fun:-p It has been so helpful for me since coconut oil seems to cause irritation for me. A bit pricey and is shipped from the UK.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.