White pigment spot on face with hole in middle

Posted , 2 users are following.

any idea what this is? it’s been on my face for about a year and is more prominent in summer when my skin is dark because it is light. It’s like a white spot with a hole in the middle but does not hurt or itch and nothing will come out of it nor has it grown since I noticed it last year. i’ve never had acne there nor do I have any acne scars nor have I ever had my skin damaged there. it just kind of popped up one day and hasn’t gone away since. its on left side of cheek close to nose

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Theres no picture but it does sound like an isolated milia spot. Its a build up of keratin under the skin. Try using a facial scrub and then plenty of moisturising cream about 3 times per week. Dont over scrub and make your face sore though. If that doesnt help you may need some professional help to remove it which is a very simple procedure. If you are in UK this may be something your GP doesnt do ,but always worth asking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.