White sores under around lingual tonsils for 5+ days

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a fever 5 days ago. Started abx (amoxicillin) for what we thought was strep. 

Usually I feel like the sore throat would be gone by now. Plus I still have a painful throat with bilateral sores inferior to and around my lingual tonsil. They are white and painful. 

What could this be? I feel like strep issues should have resolved by now. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

May be oral thrush. This can be bought on by anti biotics. Easily resolves with anti fungal treatment.
  • Posted

I had tonsilitis and had those white patches around my tonsils. It should go with antibiotics but if not go see your doctor again. Very painful.
  • Posted

How do you know your lingual tonsils have white sores? I thought the lingual tonsils were not visible/the ones down the back of your throat? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.