White spots appearing on nails

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Team,

This is a really weird one. I understand that white spots on the nails are a calcium or zinc deficiency. This is something I that I never had a problem with.

Recently, I bought supplements Zinc, Iron, D3, Omega3, B12 (Note I did not have any white spots before this.)

Since I have been taking these supplements, white spots have appeared on some nails on my left hand.

If the cause of this is a Zinc deficiency, why would they appear AFTER taking a Zinc supplement?

I also drink a ton of milk and eat dairy on a daily basis and I don't think calcium is the issue.

Very odd if you ask me. Any advice appreciated.

• A

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Try taking more vitamin B and D. its better to be more organic when taking vitamins. Tablets have more vitamin in them, but foods are more healthy for the body, and the body responds to them better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.