White spots on mri

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just found out from my doc that I have white spots on my mri that "could be from migraines or could be from something more serious". Won't find out till I see my neuro. How am I going to sleep until I hear the results??! My anxiety is through the roof. Help sad

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Do you suffer with severe migranes jen
    • Posted

Hi jen did you have a ct before you did the mri.
    • Posted

Ok. So why did the doctor recommend the mri. Is it cause of headaches
    • Posted

To rule out any other causes of my derealization. Thanks for searching haha! Doctor didn't seem too worried....
    • Posted

I seen a neurologist a couple of days ago and told him about dp and dr. Im scared to have a mri done so he will do an eeg. But when I told him about my condition he said something about a lesion.

Dont worry about it too much until you see neuro.

Best of luck x

• Posted

Just done a google search dont think its much to worry about im sure the neurologist will sort it out.

Did your gp seem concerned

• Posted

Dont google stuff, you have no clue on its location or sixe or anything. Many spots are nothing somdonr panuc. Your nuero needs to explain it and  deciede the if there is a next course of action. I can assure you if it was anything dangerous you would have been sent to a hospital. So,take a few belly breathes for now and try to keep your mind occupied until  your appointment. Hooe it all goes well.
  • Posted

This happened to me 2 years ago. I had a ct scan and the dr rang me to say there were shadows on it and i had to have an mri.  I had an mri and i had 3 lesions on it and got referred to a neurologist. I was so terrified. The neurologist suspected ms and sent me for a lumbar puncture and an evoke potential test but both were negative. He just said he would see me in 12 months time to review me, which is next month. Try not to worry but i know it's hard.
  • Posted

Its called white matter.. Everyone has it just some have more than others. Mine was from headaches/high blood pressure.. I was worried to hun but if it was more serious they wouldn't wait this long to get you in to the Nero doc.. Good luck you will be fine.. ❌❌❌ keep me updated
  • Posted

Hi jen

How did you go with the neurologist hope all results where fine.

• Posted

Yes, the Dr thinks they are likely from migraines as they didnt present like something more serious would. They will do another mri in 6 months just to make sure they haven't changed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.