White stringy like discharge in stools

Posted , 2 users are following.

l have in the last couple of months been experiencing a stringy like discharge when passing my stools and l am getting concerned on what it could be as it has never been prevalent in my stools before.

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have had the same for about 4 months. It’s called mucus mainly you should go to a doctor. Has anything else been in your stools for e.g. bit of blood change of colour of stool? 
    • Posted

How bad is the pain 1-10? 10 being bad 1 being not bad. Is it frequent pain? And when does it most occur at night midday morning? I’m sorry if it feels like being nosey!
    • Posted

Its very discomforting at times as l would say 7 as a number and it seems to be worse after l eat something for many hours afterwards.
    • Posted

It does sound like IBS or this other disease just like it. You should go to a doctor!
    • Posted

Yes l will make a appointment to see the GP that is for sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.