White tissue

Posted , 5 users are following.

I took a thorough look at my genitals today and noticed that when I spread my labia majora, I have a long, white, very soft raised ridge of white flesh. It looks a little like a white noodle attached to the vestibule. IT's not painful or itchy. I an worried and tried to call my GYN for an oppointment but he must be on holidays. I am 48 years old and have had LS for quite a few years. I don't think I have had LS in the vestibule area though. Is this normal with aging? or is it LS ?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

LS is a progressive ailment. I am unsurprised that it may have spread.

long may you continue to be itch free !

• Posted

Believe me, I have itching other areas of my genitals and anal area.. just not in that area. I am in a flareup right now and have burning and at times itching .

• Posted

i feel for you. i am in constant flare up. i have this front to back. the itch is constant and infuriating !

I have had this for years with no relief from the itch and the permanent skin ripping.

• Posted

That sounds severe! You have prob tried emu oil or some natural barrier cream or oil? It's a deeply frustrating condition .

• Posted

A white line in a figure 8 shape is a sign of LS. I had two very faint ones between my buttocks when first diagnosed. They went away with steroid use and other issues subsided, but I now require a stronger steroid and the disease is not subsiding. I get more of a buzzing feeling than an itch.

As you've already been diagnosed I assume you have been using steroid ointment. Do you use hormone cream or have you not hit menopause yet? My gyn said my LS was definitely caused by too little estrogen. Had atrophy before the LS.

• Posted

I am 48 and still getting my period monthly. I had anal itching as a teenager already but wasn't diagnosed until i was in my forties

• Posted

I do use steroid but not hormonal cream. I think I have estrogen dominance but it's not confirmed.

• Posted

Confusing, isn't it? What in the heck is LS? How can more than one thing cause it? If it attacks somewhere else in the body does it cause deterioration of tissue the way it does of the genitals? Haven't heard anyone say that.

Some people have years of agonizing itch yet aren't losing architecture. Others have no itch but lose parts of their anatomy. It's very frustrating to be battling something that seems amorphous.

• Posted

I don't think it causes that kind of deterioration in other parts of the body. It's so stressful fearing that one will lose architecture down there etc.

• Posted

Hi Sandra. Do you still have your labia minora? Mine are not fused, they have completely gone and i have a white line but it doesn't itch. X

• Posted

I do have my labia minora although I think they are slowly decreasing in size. Does scar tissue look like a raised white line?

• Posted

Yes it does.. I have LP round my anus as well. I have a flareup now of LS and having to use my dermovate daily for a month. X

• Posted

How do you distinguish LP from LS? Do you use different medications for each? I thought LP was mainly in the mouth or on the body but LS was genital. But maybe I'm remembering that incorrectly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.