white tongue

Posted , 7 users are following.

my tongue is pale and whitish looking. Anyone else something similar? Defiency in something? Starting to slowly freak out...

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Keckie:  check with google on something called Thrush....hope this helps...
    • Posted

Hi carole thanks for the suggestion, don't think its oral thrush.

• Posted

Are you mad? You should never advise someone from this forum to google their symptoms. Someone suffering from an health anxiety will opt for the worst scenario even if the odds are against it.

Are you a good Christian Keckie? My mate had a white tongue for months,turned out he had Syphilis 👏. He claimed he only went to Thailand because he loved the culture😂.

• Posted

haha, I'm not a Christian but I have not been to Thailand either wink I am married and not been 'looking elswhere!'. Don't think my hubby has either!! - um - hopefully!! lol
    • Posted

thanks for yourreply, I have anxiety too. Hopefully it will keepimproving, is your any better?
  • Posted

Acid reflux along with dehydration. Get in. Healthy diet that you oike nd start drinking lots of water and youll see in 30 days your tongue will look great again.
    • Posted

thanks for your reply, yes I have been drinking more water, my tongue has improved somewhat will see how it goes!!
  • Posted

Hi Keckie, 

There are multiple reasons why your tongue would do this and to be fair it is quite common so don't go getting yourself worked up about! Easier said than done I know. 

Are you taking any Inhalers at the minute by any chance? Very common cause of tongue coating / furring. Obviously deficiencies can cause it like you said but so can other harmless things such as Acid disorders and things. 

Nip down to see your GP just to get it checked as who knows you might just need a course of antibiotics but don't worry about it too much. 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Not on inhalers but tongue seems to have improved slightly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.