White tongue and hiv

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello! Well Iam a man, had and exposure ( 2 times condonless vaginal) since the last exposure made 3 test (4 th generation) with 42,62,mas 92 days, all negative and the value of the test decrease, last one 0,15 ( cutoff 1,0).

Well, I was happy, new girlfriend, than... a White tongue ( don't now when it happens, maybe it das away there) search online (google Always put me on fear) and discovery thrush, that Is relate with hiv, but all my tongue is White, no cheese like, no bleeding, no Pain, only on tongue.

I Have some photos, but dont now how to upload.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

White tongue is not always thrush, even it's thrush it might be from anxiety or other conditions, so to peace your mind go to a doctor to check it.

• Posted

I'm kind of anxious, and my tongue dont look like trush on the internet, maybe isnt anything related with hiv

• Posted

I believe thrush would be a later stage infection symptom, so this does not really correlate to what you have written. If your test results are negative, trust them. Most doctors believe the gen IV antigen/antibody test to be conclusive at 6 weeks and you were past that at 90 days.

A white tounge could certainly be anxiety related and or due to another issue. I had a white tounge and it was due to a nasal spray (as an example) I was using. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Thanks Steven, I know maybe I'm over reacting, my tongue dosnt look like google trush, its just a White thin film, maybe i had it ali the time.

I think i Just don't want to put my girlfriend at risk.

I know the chance of Beeing infect is almost 0

• Posted

It’s natural to overreact and it is likely because you care. If you are anxious it can cause dry mouth and a white tongue.. You can always test again if it clears your head, but likely expect  the same result as your testing is considered conclusive. 

I was dealing with the same anxiety issues so I understand. You will get past it at some point. 

• Posted

A 4th generation HIV test is considered as a conclusive after 28 days since the exposure.

The reason caused the white tongue could because of a lot of things such as dehydration, lack of vitamins and so on but it is not linked to HIV as your result is conclusive.

YOU ARE NEGATIVE.

Do not worry and enjoy your life.

Best, 

Hugo

• Posted

most doctors consider 6 weeks for a conclusive test result. the test is 94-95% around 28 days, so given the individuals exposure, many doctors will not go for a retest, especially if symptoms are not present. 
  • Posted

Hey Gabriel, I had the same problem by the end of last year, I met a woman online, we had sex, long story short, condom broke and I have always suffered bad anxiety episodes since I was 14 years old. So you can imagine my mind started tricking me into thinking that I have some kind of std or all of them lol. I tested for all stds at 6 weeks and then at 3 months and thanks God all the results were negative, the tests were the best kind of tests I couple find, so my GP said  I was conclusively negative, during that phase my anxiety was worst than ever you know couldn’t sleep for days, had to go to work just thinking about it, and then one day I was brushing my teeth admins I noticed my tongue with a mild white tongue I googled it and my anxiety got even worse, I tested again for hiv, the result again negative.

So my conclusion is, if your results say negative is because they are negative. It has to be something else, i did the Cándida diet, start eating healthier, no sugar at all, no wheat, antifungal natural medications, but my tongue is still look the same it’s not bad but to me it’s not normal, I even look to others peoples tongues and most of the times they are whiter than mine. It has to be anxiety, my GP tester me for diabetes and all the other types of diseases that might be causing it and all my results were fine, I’m a healthy 32 years old man. But my tongue is still white, I think is probably because I’m still worrying about it. I hope my reply can give your mind some rest, even tho I’m still worry about it, but I’m sure that you or me or any other people in the same situation with std tests results negative in the appropriate range of time must rest assure is not HIV. I know it’s hard to have peace of mind but it’s what it is. Next thing I’m going to try is acupuncture, let you know how it goes. By the way I’ve always suffered from acid reflux they say it’s related to white tongue...

• Posted

Hey edward! Thanks so much for sharing this, I really think my case os anxiety ou something like that, yes my tongue is still kind of White, but I see this on obter people too, maybe irá a normal thing

I made 3 test, all negative , last one with 3 months ( 4th generation), so if that dosent show positive, que chances are on my side, and I dont really know if the girl was positive.

I'm a 21 years man, healty, well I really belive we're negative! Just keep saying that to myself! Thanks again!

Sorry for the english! I am brazilian

• Posted

Yeah man, same here I don’t think the girl was positive, she looked healthy, works in a hospital, has a kid, a new boyfriend, but my freaking anxiety is the one that keeps doubts in my mind, I hope we can overcome this situation... 
  • Posted

Dear Gabriel, 

Please calm down. 

mate you already checked after 92 days and it is really NEGATIVE.

HIV can cause white tongue but it is not means white tongue is caused by HIV. 

Too many possible reasons, like digestion not well or too nervous. 

All in all, forget HIV and move on to your life. 

You have no HIV.

Best, 

Hugo

• Posted

Thanks for the kind words! Mind play with us, still trying tô forget it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.