White ulcer like circle on penis gland

Posted , 3 users are following.

can someone tell me what this is please.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Edited

You need to get this checked by a medical professional as soon as possible

• Posted

Have you been using the salt solution yo rinse your penis with?

Are you currently doing the stretch exercises?

• Posted

I was using the salt solution up until last week when the white patch appeared. Do I continue to use the salt solution and yes, I'm continuing the stretching exercise also applying Hydrocortisone has of Monday. It appears to look more like an ulcer now rather than a flat mark.

• Posted

I've managed to retract my foreskin slightly more than before and you see the ulcer mark.

• Posted

Were you prescribed the Hydrocortisone by a Doctor?

What is the name of it?

I would suggest if you think it looks like an ulcer you need to get a doctor to look at it.

If you live in the UK you may be able to get a smart phone appointment with a GP and you can show the photo you took or use live video to show the symptoms you have

• Posted

I was put on Hydrocortisone and Clotrimazole. I've been doing through cleaning and stretching with warm/medium heat water and this is a week on. It seems to be going back to (slowly) a pinky colour and my glands also seem less irritated.

• Posted

but the doctor did recommend a circumcision due to phimosis and stop stuff like this recurring in the future.

• Posted

I would say, try all means to retain your foreskin.

What is the Hydrocortisone you have been prescribed? And, is it a white cream or a clear ointment?

UNFORTUNATELY, this is not your ORIGINAL Forum Post so other readers are unaware of the initial detail you provided in your original post - could you copy and paste the original information when you update this Forum Post ....

Particularly essential is whether you have ever been sexually active and whether you are currently sexually active ..... ?

• Posted

I can't seem to find the original thread but the whiteness around the ulcer cleared and it started going pink again but then went red and its red at the moment. I wasn't sexually active but I did masterbate quite alot I've stopped that now. I remember you saying

• Posted

1 - you need to get a prescription for a mild steroid ointment from your doctor

2 - you then need to use the steroid as directed

3 - do the stretches regularly, at least every other day

4 - take the approach such as doing a gym exercise from the very beginning - that is start very easy. Build on the amount of stretches you do, and the amount of time you hold the stretch for

5 - I would suggest you use this developmental approach to stretching your foreskin for at least 6 to 9 months

6 - if you do not want to do any of this in a determined manner contact your doctor and arrange to be circumcised. Otherwise go to a GU Medicine Service, such as a GUM Clinic at a General Hospital if you are in the UK and follow what they recommend

• Posted

I've been doing stretches and it as been effective because I can pull my foreskin back a little bit more but it's still tight and don't go back without a little bit of force added and it's still reddish around the glands from the irritation and of course the raised red bump that was an ulcer. (which is concerning) but I can imagine alot of irritation can cause it. I do think the only way forward is a circumcision.

• Edited

Get a full of partial circumcision done. It looks like very tight foreskin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.