White ulcers on my Vulvar, so painful!

Posted , 7 users are following.

they started off as spots, became large white ulcers, so painful, urine burns them. im 15 and ive never experianced anything like this. i dont know if i should see a doctor or how to tell my mum.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

• Posted

You need to get to the GP asap. Even go to casualty if need be.

This must be agony for you.

DO NOT WAIT...PRESENT YOURSELF AT YOUR GP WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT.

tell them it is urgent.

I am a registered nurse , (not practicing due to an accident at work ) but please do as i have just said.

If they won't see you get up to casualty.

please let me know how you go.

Pam x

• Posted

Please don't be embarrassed ; bite the bullet and go see either your GP or Clinic Nurse if you can't get an immediate doctors appointment. The nurse will be quick enough to shout for a doctor if she needs to.

having been in your position i completely understand how nerve wracking it is to be examined down below.

always remember that if it is a male GP there should always be a female nurse in attendance with him and she will be the one who does the helping you to get covered and maintain your modesty. if this doesn't happen do not be shy about asking for a female to be in the room with you. the GP knows this is as much to his advantage as it is to your modesty !

my GP had no idea what was going on with me and hastily arranged a hospital appointment which i expected to be in the clinic but was actually the gynaecological ward. If you can talk to your mum then great, do so. DON't be surprised though if she starts questioning your sexual activeness and don't be offended if she doesn't believe you at first. it is always easier to jump to the conclusion that it must be a sexually transmitted disease rather than your body being weird and turning against you.

once you have passed the hurdle of seeing your GP /NURSE with or without your mum then that is what is important...you are now in the right hands to get help. the last thing you need or want is a raging infection that can cause you a whole lot of other problems.

Good luck. please let me know how you get on.

Pam.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.