Who can I speak to about results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I was admitted to royal Gwent hopsital in early sept with terrible pain, rushed in by ambulance and these pains have been on-going for 9 months with several gp and hospital trips. They did ultrasound and said i have gallstones and at the time a bad infection. I have since had a MRI and endoscopy, but no results. Ive been on the waiting list to have my gallbladder removed for the past 11 weeks I've been told by the surgical team secretary I will have the procedure in the next 4 weeks but she can't discuss any results with me as I haven't been assigned a consultant. I've been back and forth the gp who said they can't give me the results as they were requested by the hospital......im worried, left in limbo and don't know who to turn too......please HELP!!! I've had enough now i can handle the vomitting but not the pain anymore but can't afford to pay private, its really getting me down and the stress of not knowing when the next major attack is going to happen is terrible I'm also in constant discomfort!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I think the first thing you should try and do is identify what sets your attacks off. 

I did that, so the last two months before I had it removed, I didn’t have one attack, and that’s after multiple ones over the last year. 

In my case it was mainly ice cream, and onions were the real killers, but very high fat food also would give me a certain amount of discomfort. Can you try a mainly plant based diet with some lean meat avoiding onions and tomatoes and processed food for the time being and see how you get on? And maybe avoid dairy if you know that caused problems? Just until you’ve had your gallbladder removed. 

• Posted

Thanks aisling. I used to eat a lot of takeaways and drink lots of milk but over the past 3 months only veg, rice and some chicken and drink water. Ive lost almost 2 stone in 3 months and it now seems whatever I'm eating (when I feel like eating that is) is causing discomfort and the pain to my upper back and right side just comes and goes many thanks for taking time to reply though just hope they sort it asap. Really annoyed with my GP telling me they can't get the results when someone has answered on here and said they can! Il be speaking with then in the morning .

Kindest regards

• Posted

I’ve just posted a reply on the other post you commented on. Keep on at the GP. I’d been diagnosed as having gallstones in early June following an ultrasound after a few attacks. Had it not been for the yellow stools I would never have clicked it was gallbladder related.

After being admitted to hospital for a week in July, they did another ultrasound which they couldn’t see any stones on. Although the gallbladder was very distended. Got an MRI as inpatient as well and then HIDA scan as outpatient about 10 days later.

Over the space of the next 5 weeks I was at out of hours and GP’s at least 7 times. Was admitted again for a week in August and then had another ultrasound (think they saw stones on this scan), an endoscopy and CT scan as the consultant wasn’t convinced it was my gallbladder despite having a low ejection fraction on the HIDA scan.

Never actually got the CT scan results as consultant for the week had changed and the new one put me on his list for surgery the next day. I had seen 5 different GP’s between first and second admissions. The last one I’d seen wasn’t happy that I’d been left in agony for 6 weeks. I’d been put on the waiting list for surgery 2 days prior to the second admission but they couldn’t even give me a rough estimate for a surgery date as they were so busy! The GP sent me up to surgical unit as an emergency for cholecystitis and said it should hopefully get done sooner if they realised how much pain I was in constantly and that I couldn’t work at that point either. 

I guess what I’m trying to say is if you don’t keep on at the GP/hospital then they think things are ok and forget about you. Whereas they may realise how bad things are if you keep going to see them xx

• Posted

Ok thank you very much hopefully they can sort it out for you too. Really appreciate your help and wish I found this site sooner x
    • Posted

No probs, let us know how you get on!

Got mines out at the second admission. So now 3 months post op 👍🏼. Luckily I found the site when I got my first ultrasound xx

• Posted

Hi I have now seen a surgeon and he has said I have over 20 stones and on priority list but still no date in site to have it removed I'm now constantly vomiting and he has wrote to my gp to change my pain relief (currently taking 8 zapain a day) they have put me on cancellation list too and I'm waiting to hear from the booking team to find out roughly how long I will be waitong! Does anyone know the estimated time? Very frustrated now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.