Who cares?

Posted , 5 users are following.

A couple of days ago I self harmed and tried to hang my self...I was taken in to custody under the mental health act,even I was finally seen at the hospital by a psychiatrist o was told I was fine...I have no Confidence in the nhs...is there no help out there 😟

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Go and see your GP asap. Yes, there is help out there.
  • Posted

Your GP could be your best friend councellor and helper. But we are all here for

you too. We can see each other through this life. Which is hell sometmes. But there

will be a way if life for you. You just need some help to fined it. I understand where

you are at the moment. Life is all dark. But at sometime you will see a glimmer of light.

• Posted

In answer to your question. Who cares? Your friends here care. We have to care. For each other.
  • Posted

Thanks...I will but I know I'll get the same response as last time which was very negative...just scared this will be my last chance of getting help
  • Posted

I have no friends sadly
  • Posted

You do on here. Truthfully isn't that why you joined the disscussion?
  • Posted

Thank you..that means the world to me,I don't feel so alone now
  • Posted

I have just woken as I do several times in the night because the pain in my spine is more than my morphine ppatches can cope with. This pain (physical) is what makes me deoressed. There is no cure. Its my lot in life. I cannot go out. I cannot now talk I have got what some consultant calls "physical weakness" that effects my wwhole left side. I do not tell you this for pity or to show you that there are others worse off. But to show we each have a dark space. And why I joined this disscussion. I had a car accident 2006 before which I was "healthy".
  • Posted

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, i didnt think my medical condition could/would ever improve but it did, and thanks god i didnt take the step i thought was the only way to end my suffering of physical symptoms that led to depression and anxiety, in april my oldest daughter is getting married and in january next year my youngest daughter is getting married and to be a part of the process like making invites on computer and printing on my thermal printer has given me great happiness, i am doing part time study and have my studio up n running again, both kilns work well, one a bit hot but thats good as thats the one i fire stoneware and porcealin, i never thought i would ever be happy but i am here and because i asked for help, i told ppl how i felt honestly and openly and changed GP's and my life chaged for the better, life isnt meant to be easy i know that now but i am so grateful for my life, despite all its ups n downs, if you need to talk, chat here and be honest and open to why you tried to kill yourself, there has to be a reason like beverly has, and i had, but it did change and it did get better, it wasnt easy it took a while but it happened and i am free from the misery of depression, but a lovely scented safe candle and candle vessel and burn it when your feeling blue, i picked a scent that took all day and made me dizzy but it was worth it as each time i light the candle the smell takes me to another place and am at peace, hope you get thru this
  • Posted

Hello Neil

You're not alone, there's a lot of us on here. I read your post and wanted to reply immediately to reassure that I happen to care. I don't think of this place as just words on a screen - I think of the real people typing the words, and I do care.

This will pass. I promise you. Nothing in life ever stays constant, or the same. You wouldn't reasonably expect to feel deliriously happy for the rest of your life, would you? Well then - you can't reasonably expect to feel this low for the rest of your life, either.

Please keep posting, because we're hear to listen to you.

• Posted

Hi Neil, just wanted you to know that I too am looking out for you. Depression is bloody awful but you have to keep believing that it will lift and that life is definitely worth living. Try at the moment to take pleasure in little things like the sun breaking through the clouds or go for a walk and appreciate the beauty of what's around you and write a positive data log everyday. let us know you are OK
  • Posted

Hi Neil,

I didn't find the first GP I saw very supportive either. When I asked to see another GP in the surgery, with their support, I eventually managed to get a break through on the depression by trying different meds, treatments etc, over a period of time. Some treatments don't always work and it's trial and error until you find what works for you. With a GP's support, you will eventually find a break through. At the time, I feared living more than dying, especially as the acute anxiety with my depression left me immobilised. I thought nothing could ever help and that it was all pretty hopeless. Please, please don't feel afraid to ask to see another GP.

Please keep posting to us. We are here for you.

• Posted

jayne i too suffered anxiety also so yeah hard to get anyone to understand this and staying at home was a must, but i turned this around and now have a garden worthy of a magazine and a pottery studio out back with a wheel slab roller, extruder and 2 kilns, now my therapy is making pottery and selling it which forced me to go out and meeting people who make comments on your work is amazing and a perfect therapy and also now studying part-time so yeah out of the depths of despair into a light of delight, and i never thought life could ever get this way one time and only thought death was the only way out but happy now and glad i stuck with medication changes, dr changes and the long haul its all worth it, take care hope you find what you need out there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.