who else is feeling like they do not belong?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a woman, 47 years old was told that I had bi polar 10 years ago, I am on lots of medication but i still feel that i do not belong as I do not act the same as everyone else. if I am down I cut myself, i have never said that before to anyone, but i do, and I am deeply ashamed. Some mornings I can not get out of bed and then I will get a surge of energy and can not stop

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You belong. Case closed. Cutting solves nothing but increases the feeling of not belonging and triples your chances of not being accepted. You need someone you can confide in before harming Yourself. It's OK to be different. NORMAL is just a setting on a washer. Stay on your medications.

• Posted

Hi Karen,

Is your psychatrist ensuring your medications are working for you? Sometimes medications stop being effective. I am 49 and just a year ago was properly diagnosed after years of misdiagnosis which has ripped my family apart and self esteem. Like you said you carry shame, yes I understand you and not wanting to even try. I am on disabilty because I am not stable and live in poverty.

I understand you, I wish I wouldn't wake up.

I go to a few support groups, if I didn't go to them I wouldn't leave my apartment because of my shame, guilt, and my appearance.

Do you have at least one thing that you look forward to or something that gives you comfort? If it wasn't for my kitty doing her loving morning routine, I wouldn't get out of bed and check myself back in the hospital.

Please feel free to talk about anything.

Take Care and thank you for sharing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.