Who feels refreshed when they wake up?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have no problem getting to sleep. Sometimes I wake up to use bathroom and then go back to sleep no problem. Other times when I get up (not often) my mind races which I have a remedy for that to get back to sleep. For the most part I get 8 hours of sleep and feel like I need more. Today, I have bags under my eyes but I know I slept 7-8 hours last night. What gives? Noone is complaining I snore. Is it due to my hormones? I take magnesium and turmeric, do I now need to add melatonin in the mix? I don't remember my dreams but do you think I'm active in my sleep trying to solve problems? I just remembered about 'weighted blanklets' that I will research but could this be the key. There has to be something...

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi i think its great that you get that much sleep , wish i could . Last night i was awake all night yet again , anxiety and fear. What reason do you take the turmaric ? Just wondered as its meant to help with pain ...

• Posted

I take turmeric because I thought it would help with ANYTHING!!In the spring I tore 2 tendons so I thought it could help then when I started to read reviews, many ppl use it. And then with fall and the cold weather coming, I thought why not-- could help with feeling stiff in the morning...

• Posted

Hi i think its great that you get that much sleep , wish i could . Last night i was awake all night yet again , anxiety and fear. What reason do you take the turmaric ? Just wondered as its meant to help with pain ...

• Posted

• Posted

kelly, what is your remedy for getting back to sleep when your mind is racing? i am going to have to research turmeric

• Posted

Yeah I have no idea about turmeric-- Lots of ppl from India use this-- Don't think they have as many problems as ppl in the US.. IDKBut yes, I posted in other thread about using Valerian root and lavender to get myself back to sleep-- It does help 'calm' my mind at 2 in the morning. But now I'm wondering if I should take Valerian right before bed each night and maybe that will help with that deep sleep.. Went to bed at 11 last night and woke up at 7:30 and not feeling 'alive'-.. I know my diet hasn't been the best-- perhaps that has something to do with it.

• Posted

i would be in heaven if i could sleep from 11-7:30. i went to sleep about 11, woke up at 3 and fell back asleep about 5...restlessly slept until 7:30 i have to get fixed lol

• Posted

OK-- just found a new vitamin to try and it's on sale!!!It's Melatonin but also has Valerian Root, Hops, Passionflower and Chamomile in it!!!I'm going to give it a try!!

• Posted

i found a sleep supplement that seems to be helping if anyone wants the info, pm me

• Posted

Just whining here--- But gosh if I could only get a good nites rest I would be A-ok!!!!: )I so miss the nights where you go to bed and wake-up bright eyed and ready to go... Now I wake up with my face all smushed and wrinkled and puffy eyes... ha yeah what a site!! I was never a coffee drinker but maybe I should look into it. I wonder if this is all mental? Or if food plays a major part in this?

• Posted

I have problems getting to sleep. My mind races and my anxiety really flares up. There was a couple of years where I couldn't sleep at all. I felt horrible. I have had a lot of sleep issues due to PTSD & GAD. Peri made it so much worse. Sleep issues are in the top ten peri symptoms.

Now, I have a sleep routine that most of the time works. I take five deep breaths before I go to sleep. I know that seems so silly but it really helps calm your racing mind and anxiety.

I take melatonin, magnesium and a sleep balm of lavender and lemon balm before I go to bed.

I also use lavender in a diffuser. I do use a lot of covers. I know the weighted blankets work for me. I also use fans in my room. I have two fans and my ceiling fan going. In the Summer I have a room air conditioner too. It doesn't cost too much on utilities. It really does help.

Bad anxiety days I use a homeopathic anxiety medication.

I know I am recommending a lot of natural items. I have a lot of adverse reactions to prescriptions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.