Who has similar symptoms?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

I have got a tinnitus for over two years now. I can go a month coping very well in which I just don't mind the noises. And then I go weeks where I feel very depressed and helpless. What stresses me most is not knowing where it comes from as I have symptoms I feel other people can't relate to.  Does anybody else experience that certain actions about a 100% cure tinnitus for a bit? For me it's going for a run, having a hot bath and sometimes drinking a glass of red wine. 

In general my tinnitus varies in loudness. Sometimes is loud and sometimes not too loud. But it always goes away doing above actions. I wonder if it has anything to to with blood circulation but my blood pressure is normal so my gp things that is unlikely. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you probably are not noticing the tinnitus when occupied with activities, your actions are probably stress relieving, I've had tinnitus for 23 years, mine too is up and down at times, the noise is in the head really, a sort of phantom noise, it's a strange complaint.

• Posted

Hi, thank you for your reply. Yes I thought about that, but when I am having a bath it's completely quiet around me and i can hear it slowly going down until it is completely gone. Even on days it is very loud. 

• Posted

I think it depends on what the underlying causes are for your tinnitus.  I have had mine 2 months and it started after a viral flu.   There seems to be a pattern with mine 2 bad days followed by good day.  I am waiting to see an ENT.  My doctor has sent a referral.  I still have fluid in my ears o they are thinking it is caused by that.

I have been trying different things to Helen and when I googled for suggestions exercise did come up as a help.  Just like kids who hop on on foot with head to side to drive sin swimmers ear.   Other suggestion is steam.  So I have been trying that too.  Wine came up as something to avoid along with caffeine and sugar.

This is an annoying symptom to live with and I do not think ‘it’s all in one’s head’

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.