Who has tried Mona Lisa touch?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I’m researching it right now and there is one clinic in my town that does it  it specifically says on their website they use it to treat lichen sclerosis (which is confusing bc on the Mona Lisa website it says Canada has only approved it for menopause related problems and as we all know LS isn’t strictly for menopausal women. I’m proof. )

Does it work? Is it a scam? Should I only try it if the clob really doesn’t work (I’m only about 1.5 months in...)

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Elle, I obvioisly havent had this as I am the "distraught" post.

My mom has been worried sick about me and told me there is something new called the O shot look that up online too.

• Posted

Info about it in the independent dot co dot uk. 

Says it’s about $1000 pounds. 

• Posted

No, it's not a scam. It was recently approved by the FDA for the treatment of LS. I have been receiving this treatment  in the USA and it has significatly improved the health of my tissues. Increased the integrity, plumpness, and decreased swelling and inflammation. Standard treatment is 3 sessions 6 weeks a part w an increase in power of the laser each session. I still need to use my topical medication for management of irritation and itching, but I find I use less of a dosage.  Talk with your GYN.  You will need a biopsy confirmed disgnosis of LS-at least thats my understanding.

• Posted

Hello Elle

I have had two treatments with the Mona Lisa Touch.   It helped enormously each time but for me only lasts a fewmonths and must be repeated. Very worth it to regain sleep.  I am due again. E

• Posted

Is it expensive ? Would you recommend going if clob is pretty much managing my symptoms? Or is it only worth it nothing else has worked?
    • Posted

Its not covered by insurance. My doctor takes this into consideration. But not low cost certainly. I have been on clob for 8 years. Wanted a break from it 
  • Posted

Does The Mona Lisa Touch Therapy help with thinned delicate prone-to-tearing perineal tissue? How amazing if it could stimulate regeneration!
    • Posted

Yes. It regenerates new tissue. But this insidious disease eventually seems to affect that too 
  • Posted

I have been advised to not have it due to other health issues. Yes they do use Mona Lisa touch for LS. That's here in US though. But if it works here then it should do the same in Canada. And yes for most people it does work. I would continue using the Clobetasol until you can have the procedure. They do an exam first to see if you will benefit from the procedure. Don't let the LS get ahead of you. I will be using Clobetasol twice a week for the rest of my life as a preventative. Best wishes!

• Posted

NO..I was in a study for 6 long months. They blasted that laser all over my sore areas and it was painful. I was instructed I could not use my steroid creams. if so I would have been kicked out of the study. I was hoping so much it would help. it was painful, aggravating ,disappointing and just downright awful. I was like mincemeat, scratching and staying up all night. I couldn't sleep. . I would scratch, stay up all night and couldn't sleep. it took a toll on me...I stopped working. I'm back on the creams and it's tolerable. In no way shape or form what they did to me was inhuman. I think the practice bought a new toy they couldn't pay for so they tried to find ways to use it. Unfortunately I signed waivers and it was a study.

• Posted

wow this is horrible, im so glad you posted this and so sorry you had to deal with this. Sheesh! May I ask where are you located?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.