who know the tests for planter fasciitis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

What does x-Ray show for planter fasciitis? Who knows the tests should be done for diagnose and confirm planter fasciitis? Including blood tests and any other diagnostic procedures.. I have it for more than five years and I don't have any treatment..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello noni

In my experience it's an ultrasound that shows up plantar fasciitis they usually ask for an X-ray to see if you have a heel spur.. no bloods requested for this .. I have tried numerous treatments and failed .. but now I am having myofascial massage plus shock wave and am having great success .. was boooked for surgery and was on crutches I was that bad .. have had 5 treatments so far and it feels so very much better felt it after the very first and then just improves every wk ..its tends to be different for everyone so this is my story .. let us know how you go ok .. cheers

• Posted

Thank you so much Anne for your reply

It's good to hear that you are getting better! It's really great that you had therapy, and it is progressing well.

The problem with me is that I don't feel that I'm getting care and attention, so I'm trying to figure it out by myself first. I'm also having other problems that are not getting any enough attention.. and that makes me feel bad.

I'm having this pains years ago, but still the same.. just suffering.

Anyway, thank you and I appreciate it :-)

• Posted

There is no specific test for Plantar fasciitis. You can see some changes on ultrasound and on MRI but those tests are rarely used for diagnosis. Xray will not show anything though you might see a calcaneal spur which may or may not be related. It is unclear whether the spur causes or is the result of PF.

The diagnosis relies on symptoms and history and physical findings.

There is no blood test.

• Posted

Thank you so much John for your reply,

So, it's based only or mostly on the physical examination..

Well, thank you, it really helped :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.