Who’s gone to a nuro Ophthalmologists?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just made an appointment at the nuro ophthalmologists. I’ve gone to my eye doctor a few times, and they don’t have any answers for me. I went because I was concerned about my pupil being a little more dialated. He said the nerves looks the same, and healthy, and they both react the same to light. He had no concerns. 

I just can’t seem to shake the feeling that something is wrong. I’m worried I have either a brain tumor or aneurysm. Everyday I feel like a ticking time bomb. 

What do they do at these appointments? They said it would be around 4 hours long! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are they planning on doing an MRI or cat scan?
    • Posted

No, not sure if they will order one, but as far as I know that isn’t the plan. They focus on the eyes and make sure that everything is working correctly. 

None of my doctors will order any scans. 

• Posted

Hi Sara959595: Hope every thing will turn out to be good for you, I will advice you to go for second opinion and do CT scan and MRI to find out what is wrong.

these appointments take 4 hours and some times longer due to too many X-ray and waiting time until you will see the Doctor that's why it take too long. good luck and please let me know how it is going I am concern about it. 

• Posted

Thank you for commenting. I think we may be referring to two different doctors. This doctor is a Nuro eye doctor. There are no X-rays involved at this appointment, it is just to see how my eyes are working. 

I’ve been having some eye issues, nothing major, but sometimes they just don’t feel like they are working together.  I’ve been to an eye MD, and they said that everything looks normal, and healthy. My eyes dialate togrther, move normally, but something just doesn’t feel right.

I have very bad anxiety, I’ve always been very worried about dying. I’ve lost a lot of loved ones in my life, but now that I have a child of my own, it’s intensified. All the doctors keep chalking it up to my anxiety. 

• Posted

I think she was saying maybe you need to see a neurologist because of the issues you are having. I've never heard of a nuro opthalmologist.

• Posted

Ah got it! 

A Nuro ophthalmologist is a doctor that you see if you’re having vision issues or changes. 

I have been to a neurologist. He did all the regular testing, the feeling test, following his hand with my eyes, light test, balance. He had zero concerns, and for that reason would not send me for a CT scan or a MRI. 

• Posted

Mine had zero concerns too but I kept pushing. I finally got my MRI. It didn't show anything. I have flashing light in my vision. It's kind of squiggly and shows more in bright light. I went to see an opthalmologist and he thinks I have occular Histoplasmosis so right now I am dealing with that. They did a flourosene angiogram and it freaked me out but they were able to get really good pictures of my eyes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.