Who's on the waiting list??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello to everyone, may of spoken during other conversations but thought i'd ask to see if there are many like me, waiting for the post everyday to see if finally a pre-op date will arrive?

I did ring the waiting list dept this week and i'm 8th on the list.

Anyone else??

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Finally! have a surgery date - August 3rd.

I'm so looking forward to getting these things out at last

• Posted

Oh I bet you are!

Can I ask how long in advance you found out and when's your pre-op?

What type of cyst do have if you don't mind me asking? smile

• Posted

They gave me a little under 3 months' advance notice for the surgery date, and scheduled the pre-op for a week before that.

I have clusters of simple and complex cysts on both ovaries, the complex ones are apparently increasing in size. The thing is, that I went through menopause at 51 (that's ten years ago,) so don't think this should be happening. I've felt several times that I've had to push for them to be removed-I wonder if the doctor would feel the same if he had similar issues with his reproductive parts?!!!

• Posted

My doctors have said all along that the discomfrt I have is unlikely to be my cyst, that was back in Oct after 3 emergency appointments and a scan to show a 3cm dermoid cyst on my right ovary and I always get right sided pain, yes sometimes a lot higher than the ovary area but I also have a gallblader polyp since discovered which i'm having a scan on the 19th June specifically for.

My latest pelvic scan in april shows the cyst to now be 6.5cm so its not going anywhere on its own, just getting bigger!

I really hope I hear something soon.

• Posted

I was continually having lower abdominal pains and was sent for an ultrasound by my gp. Here they found tgat I have a 7cm dermoid cyst on my left ovary. Two scans later I was told that my symptoms were more likely to be bowel related and nothing to do with the cyst . Approximately 3 weeks later I received a letter saying that my notes have been reviewed and they suggest that I will benefit from an operation to remove both ovaries and Fallopian tubes . My bowels have never changed so personally I didn't think my symptoms were related to that , not sure why the sudden change but in seeing gynaecologist next week to discuss it .

• Posted

Dermoid cysts do not just go away on there own as they're solid matter so can't burst. If it's above 6.5 they will operate but waiting lists are quite long now as you may have heard on the news. My grandaughter had one which was the size of a grapefruit when it was removed by laparoscopic, (keyhole) surgery. You will be monitored I expect, they like to keep an eye on growth. You could call your clinic or your own GP if in serious pain. Cysts do cause bowel problems, even so called 'normal' cysts. I just think they don't like to tell you this as they're not certain what's going on until they operate. Best wishes for a speedy appointment. X rolleyes

• Posted

It definitely does not sound like it's going away on its' own-so sorry this is taking so long for you! Hope you hear from them soon and that they do the right thing.

• Posted

I've had my date through today.... Pre-op next wed's and surgery for the 3rd July smile

• Posted

Now you have a date, that's great! Keep us posted, I think it's all going to work out really well for you.

• Posted

I'm pleased to hear you've got your date for admission. My best wishes for the op and a speedy recovery. Poll x smile

• Posted

Thank you!

Really can't wait to get this thing outta me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.