Who takes pulse oximeter readings for their Bx? ( O2 sats levels )

Posted , 7 users are following.

Now that pulse oximeters are inexpensive on Amazon and elsewhere and so easy to use, who takes regular home readings to assess oxygen saturation levels? If replying please say if your Bx is mild, medium or severe.

i take mine regularly even with mild Bx. A poor day is 92% a better day is 94%. Even 20+ years ago when I was undiagnosed and did not know I had a problem, but after pulse oximetry was beginning to be used in pre-hospital care, I only achieved 95%, which even then was less than optimal. Even in elderly people I regularly see 97%+ but of course, in those without a lung condition such as Bx..

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am 29, was diagnosed with bronchiectasis at 15, and with Pseudomonas Aeruginosa at 25. My oxygen is still 99%, but drops to 97 or 96 if I'm tired or something like that.

It's not only important to check your oxygen levels, but your heart rate as well. My heart rate is fast, so I'm happy when I manage to get it down to 65, as it's usually around 75-85.

• Posted

Hiya

Radiographically mild Bx but with very frequent infections.

96% on good days, drops to 92% when not.

Happy New Year!

S

• Posted

I bought this product for my husband. He is a regular smoker which resulted in chest infection. The pulmnologist suggested me to get this oximeter and am glad that I got it. I'm using this device for past three months and this has been a great support to me as last time when we took the test, it was showing 85% and we immediately contacted our doctor and he checked his oxigen saturation level again which came the same as earlier then he changed the therapy accordingly. However this incident stimulated me to write a review and thank Santamedical to make it very easy to use, one just need to sit down, insert his finger in the device and in just few seconds the device exhibits the report of oxygen level and pulse rate. Its quite handy, light in weight and compact which allows you to take it along wherever you go.
    • Posted

Hello Monijain

May I follow up on this. I raised the original query. Good to know you have found pulse oximetry useful. You mentioned your doctor changed the therapy when readings were low. May I ask what changes he made? Has the reading now improved ? What reading do you get now?

Regards and thank you

• Posted

Santamedical Pulse Oximeter is user Friendly anyone can use it properly with User Manual, I have also buy online from Amzon for my father. they very happy because he carry SM 110 with his office bag and monitor pulse and Oxygen level every Hour. thank you Santa medical for make happy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.