Whole bartholin cyst removal.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I need some advice! I went in for surgery 4 days ago to have Bartholin Cyst marsupilation surgery. Last minute the doctor changed the operaton and removed the whole cyst from underneath. Currently, I'm not in much pain, although I am slightly bruised. However, it still looks as if the cyst is there! Has anybody experienced anything like this...? I just want a normal looking vagina! sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh my goodness! I know how you feel! I had the gland and cust removal done the day after Valentines Day. I was in pain and couldn't sit, walk, lay down or do anything else for about 3 weeks. By 6 weeks I was close to being normal again. Its a sensitive area with a lot of blood flow. It will stay swollen for a while. I liked taking sitz baths. It seemed to ease the pain and swelling a little. It is going to be okay. Im so sorry youre going through this. 

• Posted

Those things hurt so badly.

Because it does not hurt anymore that probably means he got everything including the "core".

It is probably just a little swollen and some scar material healing up.

• Posted

They did not remover your gland correct just the cyst? I suffered with this on the left side for years and had it lanced about 10 times.. My old doctor had no idea what it really was! By the time I went to my gyne and it was aggravated again he instantly knew what it was! But back to the topic, he actually had to remove my entire gland. I had the surgery 4-27-16 I still have some scartissue as he had to cut very deep into me to get the gland. It was about 3 weeks before I could move normal and by 6 weeks still tender but not painful and yes a huge lump was there until about 2 weeks ago. There is still scar tissue but nearly as bad! Sitz baths and witch hazel are amazing relief especially if you have stitches. Take your time an you'll feel normal again. Hang in there I feel so bad because I loved they it so many times.

• Posted

You will be fine. Sit in a bath with warm water and salt and let the remaining of the pus come out there still could be some.
  • Posted

When you say, "removed the whole cyst from underneath" Do you mean the doctor lanced it? I have had three cysts on my left labia which have swelled to problematic size, the first and third of which became abcesess. I had a marsupialization surgery on my second cyst when it came back after the first lancing, but then it came back again. 

Honestly after my first cyst my left labia has always been just slightly larger than my right.

Cysts always need time to drain, and I feel from personal experience that this is something I will need to maintain throughout the course of my life.

I have had sucess keeping cysts at bay with an enzyme called Serapeptase, many women on this site recommend Silica. 

I'm sure your vagina will go back to normal, buy my advice is to try some wholistic supplements for at least a while to prevent furture cysts. Nobody should have to deal with them.

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.