Whole body a mess mentally and physically since in menopause

Posted , 13 users are following.

Been over 2 years with the above.

Anxiety

Low mood with little motivation

Sore stiff joints all over

Low energy and restlessness

Terrible dry hair and skin with hair thin and fallen out

What a mess surely this has an end soon any one else like me it's truly debilitating and no amount supplements seem to help but my diet is healthy.

On hrt patch for sweats that helps been a month on them

Positives please ? 😂

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I just always remind myself that my cousin died in her 30s from breast cancer leaving behind her 7 year old twins. Would she trade with me? You betcha. 

Is that positive enough? I know my posts are never positive. And I'm sorry for that. I have to say, finding this forum so long ago really helped me when I knew others were in just as much misery as me. Isn't that awful to say? But I just felt so alone. 

• Posted

Sorry you’re having such horrible symptoms-I’ve had all of them too! HRT has helped me tremendously. 
  • Posted

Hi Debie

If your periods have stopped completely then I reccomend you try the hrt tablets called Tibolone!

This is the best thing ever! I was on different hrt and it was either too strong or not enough to even everything out.

Since being on these tablets my moods have plateaued to an ecen level.. no more pmt or low moods. My lady bits are back to normal no more dryness and I can tolerate a sex life again!!

Skin and hair both good, but overall I feel back to my old self!

Have a look at the reviews of Tibolone in the Tibolone discussion on here, it is really worth a try!!

Good luck x

• Posted

P.s forgot to say it stopped the hot flushes and night sweats no end!
  • Posted

Hi, you sound like me ! Only difference is I’m not on HRT.  It’s just an absolute nightmare isn’t it ? The dry hair and skin is very distressing isn’t it.  Do you use Hyluronic acid on your face ? If not I recommend you buy some, it’s very good and it purpose is to retain moisture.  Sorry I don’t have any positives to offer xxx
  • Posted

I have had aches and pains and fatigue for a few years now but I could deal with it.  I really feel things are getting worse now with bowel cramping, mood swings and breathlessness. Good days are becoming more rare than bad days.  Today is a good day - I can honestly say nothing is wrong but that could all change tomorrow.

I think it’s comforting to know I’m not alone in this and to take each day as it comes and hope it’s not going to last forever.  It’s easy to feel positive today but I get very low on the days I feel unwell.

• Posted

I feel the same way jc16262.  Last week I felt great! Great mood and everything. This week not so much. Tummy acting up. Heartburn(then you're positive you're having a heart attack, bring on the health anxiety!), low mood(went home and cried one day after work. I just try to pray and enjoy the good days and know that when the bad ones come, they will also pass. 

• Posted

Hi debi I'm on hrt patches for the hot flushes and its helped me been on them 2 years now. Mine at the moment is the joint and muscle pain and breathlessness its a nightmare. I'm taking magnesium tablets on a night and there helping me sleep thank God so your not alone xx

• Posted

I can relate Debi! I was thinking that I was dying! I was only 41 with healthy lifestyle and diet.

The only thing that helped me almost immediately was hrt, I am on tablets and I can say that I feel fine again.

No insomnia, no dryness, my life as before... Try to find the type and the dose that suits you and you will be fine smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.