WHY!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

So today for the first time in a very long time I felt relatively normal hardly any anxiety at all I thought yes perhaps the tablets had started working after 4 weeks and things might start to look up and get back to normal but nope just sitting on the sofa chilling out and my chest has gone all tight followed by light headedness and heart pulpertations then of course que panic mode, why, why does this keep happening? I'm so fed up I just want my old life back anxiety has ruled for far to long, now this has happened I know it will spiral and I'll be back to square one not wanting to go out or do anything, my heart feels like it's going to jump out my chest right now & my tummy hurts I'm trying to calm down and distract myself but it's hard when anxiety & panic tell you otherwise :-(

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

That happens to me too. Just as soon as you feel like you relax, something pokes at you. You're ok, just know that.
  • Posted

I don't know why either! but it won't spiral, try to accept it for what it is- an episode of anxiety after a very successful day. You have proved to yourself today that you don't have to be anxious all the time, yes you're anxious now, but you weren't all day and that's great! I feel that with anxiety we alost fear recovering as the idea of being happy and then suddenly one day breaking down with anxiety again is terrifying! 
  • Posted

Hi emma ,

You wont go back to square 1 because you have got help . Maybe just a hiccup wink go back to docs for re evaluation if you feel the meds arnt doing the trick. I just started meditation. Seemed odd at first but it can really relax you. Try stay positive and not let it rule you . You can get a grip its just finding best methords for you. Exersize helps me to. I know how how hard it is !!

• Posted

I have the exact same thing that happens to me. I do find though that it can also be triggered by something that I eat.

You will be fine,try and find something that will take your mind off things. Maybe a game,listening to music through ear phones or even some calming meditation music.

Good luck,hope you can over come this soon.

• Posted

I found a lot of this works. I am not much more of a video gamer then ever before. Music is my life... And i read now like never before... Because i found it helps... And i will do anything it takes cuz when im in the dumos ik my family gets worried about me and nobody likes feeling gloomy or depressed or like they r gonna break down!
  • Posted

Hi Emma! I know how you feel. I have not had the advantage of lots of family knowing about my disorders... I am now suffering just as much depression as anxiety and it is NOT fun! You can private message me if you want someone to talk to! Keep your chin up! There is nothing we can not handle if we strive to take controll back!
    • Posted

Thank you, that would be great it's hard not being able to talk to people who don't understand how you feel x
  • Posted

These patterns will fade over time! Little by little you'll see the symptoms getting weaker and weaker until you start to feel like your old self again smile I've been on Prozac for awhile and it started with bad anxiety in the morning that faded at 6, then 4, then 3:30, and right now I only feel anxious until around 12! And the rest of the day I feel like myself! No bad thoughts or anything, so stay strong!!
  • Posted

I'm seriously starting to question though if this really is anxiety, this morning after a not so bad sleep I woke up with a numb feeling down the left side of my face which has bothered me for a while now as I've a lump on my jaw that side to, I have had it checked out and they said I have a benign lymph node which is fine but it's now tender to touch feels like it's got bigger and I'm constantly checking that side of my face cos it feels weird and different to the other! I'm so stressed & anxious about how I feel that I can't see the light at the end, all I keep doing is going round in circles, I try to relax & do normal things but my mind always goes bk to how I'm feeling or if I've felt ok for a bit then it's like why, then all of a sudden it'll be dizzy and will escalate from there, I don't know why but I am convinced something somewhere is wrong which I know probably isn't the case but try telling my mind that, I also Google crap all the time which yes I know is the worst thing u could do as it always gives u worst case scenario abs everything at some point relates to the big 'C' word but the doctors aren't giving me answers so I'm looking elsewhere 😢
    • Posted

I always googled everything which might have helped at times, but it also drove me a bit more mad. Those intrusive thoughts are the worst part about anxiety, they try to tell you something is wrong, but they are caused by the anxiety. I thought it was the other way around until I started to feel better! Still, you should have the lymph node checked one more time just in case, maybe it will ease your anxiety a bit to have a second opinion.
    • Posted

I've got an appointment tomorrow to have a wisdom tooth taken out so I'll get them to check node again as it's the same place I originally had it checked, I'm sure it's fine probably my fault for playing with it and aggravating it but once you know it's there it's hard not to annoy it...! I'm just feeling sorry for myself at the mo, b4 I had my kids I was a happy go lucky person, now I'm an uptight emotional wreck x
    • Posted

If you feel something is wrong it most likely is.   If you have a cold you dont think your mind created it.   We all know the brain is an organ like are lungs.   Why this happens to many is a challange.  I would keep a log of what you do and when you feel worse.  You may get clues.  The hard part is it is your brain and know one in this forum is a god on how it works.  So over time you may learn why you get frequent brain colds.

Don't be to hard on your self if it were the flu you would go easy on yourself.

Take Care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.