Why?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm getting allllllot pain in my stomach ( lower part) 

and for the lat (espicially yesterday) had pain all day just below my breast's by my ribs.......the pain came in random shoots lasting about a minute but all day it was their.

i tried many things to help with the uncomfortable pain mostly with a hot water bottle on my complete stomach for hours? Is it part of the premenapause? 

Is this normal infact I have had this now on and off for months...each time it comes back the pain seems to be much worse

infact the pain is sort of like pain I had when I was younger with my periods befor I was due to come on a few day prior I would get horrendous cramp pains that bad I had to goto bed to try and sleep the pain off?

has anyone else encountered this happening to them? Or heard off this as a peri symptom?

all I can say was the pain I had yesterday was awful/ like I had been stabbed espicially the pain below my breast bone......NO it wasn't acid reflux I do suffer with this and on medication..I took tablets BUT it didn't do anything pain was there all day? Anyone please?. Thankyou in regards.x

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hiya I'm the same with lower stomach I've never had a period since April and the pains I was having felt like period pain and now I've just having a period now I me self think it part of perimenopause
  • Posted

Hi Shelley....is the pain towards the right side of your stomach? Do you have shoulder tip pain? Had you eaten any fatty foods prior to the exacerbation of pain? Im thinking along the lines of your gallbladder and gallstones???
    • Posted

Thanks for the extremly quick rely ladies.

debbie : No the pain is more central not pacificially in one place!!!!.

Yes do do get pain in my shoulder More just below my back neck....

dont really eat that much of fatty foods though, may have a Chinese once a week though!!!.

• Posted

Hi Shelley, its worth seeing your doc as it could be your gallbladder. You can get right shoulder tip referred pain as well as abdominal pain. Perhaps look up cholecystitis on this site to see if you symptoms match. 
    • Posted

Thankyou Debbie I will look into this........

funny because the last few days had backache (rely like cold in it) and terrible pain between my neck!!!

• Posted

Shelly, while I can't tell you why it occurred,  I can tell you I had the exact same thing. Mine was horrible, very similiar to a spasm.  On my left side directly under my breast. It was horrible.  
  • Posted

Yes Shelly, I get pain ALMOST everywhere, the breast bone and the breast and yes stabbing pain too.  I also dont know about you but pain meds do very little as far as tylenol, ect. I am ready for the stronger stuff.
    • Posted

Thankyou all for replying to me...!!!

have any ladies actually been to your GP, in regards of this pain?

if so what was said?

what if anything have you taking to help with the pain? 

Is there anything over the counter strong enough for this pain relief?

i have been getting this for few months now......but each time it comes back the pain seems that bit stronger....??!!.

is there anything we can get off our GP?

i have googled this what I get but not having much luck,?.

thankyou all x

• Posted

Hi Shelly

i had my gallbladder removed a year ago having had only two episodes of unrelieved pain......my suspicion of having gallstones confirmed by scan. Removed by keyhole surgery, daycase, relatively pain free procedure and quick recovery. Good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Debbie and Jerry,

many thanks for both your reply's.

how may I ask.....

with the pain you both went through..how was it diagnosed? Having gallstones? What will the doctor be looking for?

what I'm asking is how is it raconised? Is it a long procedure? Of actually getting diagnosed and then finically getting removed?

• Posted

Hi Shelley

initial diagnosis involves doc taking a history of the pain, signs tend to be classic. Suspicions of gallbaldder problems are confirmed by ultrasound scan. In most people, the pain is caused by gallstones moving....the body trying to expel them. So antacids and generic analgesics wont help. Often, the only solution is surgery to remove either the stones or the gallbladder. Honestly, I could not belive how straight forward my op was......I woke up smiling and aside for a bit of discomfort and tiredness, I recovered quickly. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Shelly I went to the doc with pain she examined me right away by feeling just under my right hand side of rib cage and she said there and then it was gallstones the organised for a scan. Jelly on the tummy and there they where. Xx
    • Posted

I have an appointment on Thursday and I plan on addressing this along with the multidude of other issues/symptoms. 
  • Posted

Hi Shelly. Is the pain under your right hand side of rib cage. 

I have had gallstones now for the best part of 12 years. I will be 50 in April the pain is triggered by what u eat. Eggs, cream,cheese spicy foods and salt sometimes. The pain can also go to between your shoulder blade and can last for hours and there is no pain relief for it. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Yes I go through this and it's debilitating at times makes you feel like your having a heart attack and then you panic I have been to the hospital twice because the pain felt like I was having heart attack had upper GI ekgs chest X-rays ct of the abdominal area and everything was normal it's frustrating. I take vit d probiotics and now combo patch HRT with some relief have panic at times still

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.