Why all the fuss?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I cannot believe this site, 3 Years ago I slipped 3 discs in my spine and have suffered exstream siaticia ever since, BUT I dont find web sites to moan to and never did, I simply GOT ON WITH IT. YOU CANNOT let it ruin your life there are many people a hell of alot worse off, And would love to have just a back problem to grumble about. I had 4 kids under 10 I carried on and did everything I could as normal, Alright prehaps I struggled more and it bloody well hurt but I did it. M.R.I scan waits thats a favorate moan on this site, Well there are more urgent cases think of cancer patients and termally ill children, As for claiming benifits for this condition, Its observe people who really need it cannot always get it, For goodness sake pull yourselves togeather and think how many people in this world are by far worse off than you are.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I envy that you got on with things and believe me we all want to get on with our lives. My life is on hold although each day i try to get on with it but its definately taking time. I want children and enjoy my life but its hard when your not in a fit state. So let people moan.
  • Posted

[quote:014e9f24eb=\"moaningminnie\"]I cannot believe this site, 3 Years ago I slipped 3 discs in my spine and have suffered exstream siaticia ever since, BUT I dont find web sites to moan to and never did, I simply GOT ON WITH IT. [/quote:014e9f24eb]

Erm....You just did find a website and moaned!!!!!!!!

If it helps people to cope coming on here for a moan and exchanging different pain methods then so what!!!!

• Posted

People arent moaning. Its called sharing an experience and finding a route to solve a problem. Thanx

:twisted:

• Posted

This is ridiculous! Maybe you could get on with it and carry on with your life, but other people can't! Maybe other people are in more pain than you were! Maybe people want tp come on here and see what's working for other people, or to talk about it! I'm 17, and I have a slipped disk, and it's putting my life on a total hold - my friends don't understand because they don't know what it's like, but people on here do, and they sympathize. Is it hurting you for people to come on here and talk to other people? NO! Is it making your life hell when people come on here to have a moan and meet new friends who know exactly how you're feeling? NO! If this is helping people, which it totally is, then I don't see what the problem is. Maybe you're just bitter that you didn't have this site when you were in as much pain as we are, I don't know, just don't take it out on us. It's not fair. I think people on this site generally agree with me about this, and I doubt you'll find someone who agrees with you. We're happy with this site, thank you very much, let's leave it at that, eh?
  • Posted

All I can say is that you've been lucky to be able to get on with things I wish I could.

I hurt my back over 22 years ago, had a Discectomy in Jan 07 after pulling my back in Dec 06, I have had 2 Epidural Injections, 1 Nerve Root Block none of these helped at all, and I'm now awaiting yet another operation on my back L5/S1, they're removing the damaged disc and replacing it with a false one, then they'll pin and fuse my spine.

I have not been to work at all this year and I can't see myself going back this side of Christmas.

I am in permanent pain, have Sciatica down my left leg to my foot all the time. I'm taking Tramadol, Indometacin, Amytryptlin, Diazepam and have now been put on Morphine Patches.

I would dearly love to get on with my life but find this impossible because of the constant pain, also I'm like a Zombie with all the strong painkillers I'm taking. I have been to Physio and tried everything possible to help my back to no avail.

I'm 40 but I feel as though I have aged 10 years!

My Doctors been brilliant, he rings me to see if I'm ok every now and then, he keeps contacting the Hospital to see when I'll be going in for the op, theres a waiting list of approx 3-6 months and I'm on the Urgent List.

I'm sick of being Ill and feeling useless. I just want my life to be back to normal again. :cry:

• Posted

HI YA EVERYBODY

IVE JUST READ THAT RUBBISH FROM moaningminnie I CANT BELIVE SOME PEOPLE .4 KIDS ALL UNDER THE AGE OF TEN NO POINT IN ASKING HOW SHE GOT A BAD BACK, RABBITS AND SHOULD OF BOUGHT A TELLY COME TO MIND .ANY WAY IF YOU ARE GETTING ON WITH IT AS YOU SAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THE COMPUTER 3PM YOU SHOULD BE RUNNING DOWN THE ROAD ON THE SCHOOL RUN TO PICK UP THE KIDS.I SUGGEST YOU GET ON WITH IT AND LEAVE OUR GROUP TO GET ON WITH IT IN HELPING PEOPLE THROUGH A VERY PAINFUL TIME IN LIFE .

REGARDS

GARY

p.s i am sorry but it had to be said

• Posted

Hi moaningminnie

If you are that well, what are you doing browsing these sites anyway,you have your opinion fine, I agree with that there are a lot of people worse off, but all we do is have a moan with each oth, and be the way well done Rhi your reply back was fab,

• Posted

[quote:24771b8209]I cannot believe this site, 3 Years ago I slipped 3 discs in my spine and have suffered exstream siaticia ever since, BUT I dont find web sites to moan to and never did, I simply GOT ON WITH IT. [/quote:24771b8209]

well good for you moanie minnie. if all people do is moan on this site why may i ask are you browsing it? do you think people havent the right to complain? i may lose my job over the nhs waiting game and be on benefits for god knows how long and then people will moan that im on benefits! people with disc problems come to this site for support and understanding, not criticism it is not any of our faults that we are in this dilema!and yes we are not completely stupid and do understand there are people out there in greater need than us. BUT have you seen any thread that says those people have no right to queue jump~~~~~~~~~ i think not. i for one find this site a blessing and very helpful, gail

• Posted

OMG moaningminnie, you are nothing but a TROLL! How about you just go away and 'get on with your life'? I too have several children, 3 to be exact so I bow to your apparent fecundity, and I too have been 'getting on with it'. I do however reserve the right to 'moan' about it. I'm not bleating about an MRI wait either, because I have 'gone private', jumping the 'terminally ill children queue' on the NHS waiting list. Perhaps you have something to add about that too? Pain is relative and different people have different levels of pain perception and different coping strategies, but don't forget, that a prolapsed disc can also compress your spinal cord causing (as in my case) other difficulties, and presenting itself as an emergency... People like you are a welcome distraction from my pain and discomfort. You get my endorphins and adrenaline flowing, so thanks. I suppose... wink
  • Posted

BTW my discectomy is booked for Nov 21st 07.
  • Posted

[quote:8f0b2fd62f=\"gary\"]HI YA EVERYBODY

IVE JUST READ THAT RUBBISH FROM moaningminnie I CANT BELIVE SOME PEOPLE .4 KIDS ALL UNDER THE AGE OF TEN NO POINT IN ASKING HOW SHE GOT A BAD BACK, RABBITS AND SHOULD OF BOUGHT A TELLY COME TO MIND .ANY WAY IF YOU ARE GETTING ON WITH IT AS YOU SAY WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THE COMPUTER 3PM YOU SHOULD BE RUNNING DOWN THE ROAD ON THE SCHOOL RUN TO PICK UP THE KIDS.I SUGGEST YOU GET ON WITH IT AND LEAVE OUR GROUP TO GET ON WITH IT IN HELPING PEOPLE THROUGH A VERY PAINFUL TIME IN LIFE .

REGARDS

GARY

p.s i am sorry but it had to be said[/quote:8f0b2fd62f]

Obvoiusly has someone to fetch the kids for her. You know? Help. I don't get any help. Ever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.