Why am I here?

Posted , 5 users are following.

No one understands my home. Everybody thinks I come from a loving home. My dad has depression and has not gone to work for over a year. My mom has a hernia discal and always yells at me whenever I try to help her do house chores. She insults me and says I’m useless maybe she’s right. At work I repeat the same mistakes over and over again. My brother always insults me saying I’m fat. I’m a cow and useless to him. He tries to intimidate me whenever he gets mad. He will use his force to push me and twist my arms. A bout a year ago I got a picture from a man kissing a girl. That man lead me to believe he had feelings for me. In an attempt to find comfort in a friend I talked to Ismael and walked all the way to his home. I felt so alone and I told him my whole story and yes he hugged me and comforted me at first. This then lead to him touching my breasts and other areas. He then began to take off my underwear as I covered my vagina he said were already here. I said no and he kept insisting and made his way in. It was the most painful experience in my left. When I left his home I felt alone, scared and used. As I walked home in the dark I felt like the biggest idiot in the world. His ex girlfriend Jazmin added me on social media and accused me of sleeping with her boyfriend she began attacking me trying to make up drama. She had no idea what happened. I blocked her to avoid any confrontation. My escape was going to Mexico. I loved the bailes, the food and visiting family. They were my second cousins and I had only met them a couple times, but they were very welcoming. I met a boy named Salvador he was a cowboy he was very sweet and shy. I only saw him once but got a really nice feeling. The second time I went this changed. We began to dance and he bought me a flower. He asked me to go with him to his truck as he and his friend were leaving. This turned out to be a way for him to touch me. I pushed him away and he continued luckily we were in a parking lot and a car poked by and I was able to leave. I gave him the flower back. A year ago my aunt whom my brothers and I have always grown around made a comment during Christmas. Her husband added onto the comment stating I was a fool. This all happened at my grand mother’s house. I was not present. My aunt then decided to part away from the family. This only made me think she did think I was a fool. I was filled with anger. I tried to get over it as at the end of the day she is family. My 20th birthday came around and I invited her over for some cake. She didn’t show up. I became even angrier and wanted to part myself as well. I continued working and saving money to buy a car. My cousin became pregnant and told all the older women in the family about the situation. I was her only female cousin whom she grew up with. I did not get a special notice as I found out on Facebook. Apparently being a cousin isn’t important. My mom then became very involved with this pregnancy. I became angry at her as well. Why was she supporting the daughter of the person who called me a fool? Why wasn’t my mother backing me up. I was filled with anger. During my cousins gender reveal. I cried with anger because I did not want to be apart of the family whom insulted me and did not back me up. My mother made me go anyways. Do I even matter to anyone? Why am I still here? I’m full of so much hatred and sadness yet no one knows. What do I do? Who do I tell my story to? Would they believe me? May came and a there was a rodeo at the Eagle County fairoad grounds. I met this boy who took my out to dance he was so sweet and gave me his number. I didn’t think anything would happen. We began to know each other and everything went so quickly. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I really didn’t want to but I said yes anyways. I went to his house that night. What a stupid idea. He wanted to have sex I said no and he kept pushing he penis against me. I said I didn’t want to and he kept insisting I finally agreed but I was not happy. I told him to put a condom on but he did not want to and said everything would be fine. I was not so sure. Down the kind I found out I had gotten clymadia and it was the worst day of my life. I had recently found out this man was 31 and I’m 20. I was an idiot and I wanted to die. I hated myself for letting that happen. Did I really feel so bad I was losing touch with my values? Wtf am I doing?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think others have taken advantage of your vulnerability. It has scarred you both physically and emotionally. I believe that if others keep telling you such negative input about yourself; it explains that those around you have issues. It also shows that you are very sensitive, which shows you have a caring side to your nature.

I believe you have more to offer someone than you think. Parents who have issues can affect their children by thoughtless comments. Why don't you talk to somebody who knows you and has no illusions, who can point out your positive points within yourself. From there you can develop into a more positive person. Go for it!

• Posted

Hi Yesenia, oh my goodness! You poor woman you've been through hell. Your story partly reminds me of mine. The 1 thing that stands out is what support for rape did you get? Sadly you were raped as you didn't consent to sex and the monster who did this deserves to be caught and punished. Your family need to support you but sadly like mine it looks like the they didn't ever do that. You need a way to move forward to cope. Don't leave it like i did, don't allow family to make you leave it. Go get support - rape crisis are really good, really supportive. Start to rebuild your life, just for you and nobody else. You have the strength to move forward. You have done the right thing by reaching out and telling someone else what happened. At 45 my children sre not coming into my life, the 2 men who raped me have got what they wanted, i will never be a mum and have failed on all levels. I really feel like nothing some days. It feels like a terrible place to be. I am finding it so tough to dig my way out of this. Please don't do this for you.

• Posted

Hi Yesenia - Wtf am I doing? You are seeking the love and acceptance that has been missing from your life. Perfectly natural, perfectly human. You're clearly are a trusting soul - but the sad truth is that there are many out there who will take full advantage of that trust and end up using you. Many men will woo just to bed a woman. If a man is meaningful he will take the time to know you and respect any boundaries. Going alone with strangers is a very dangerous business indeed - as is trusting what you read on internet sites that promise love. Those people are strangers, no matter how many times you have communicated via facebook etc. They can say anything, claim anything, promise anything, and you can't just accept all that as the truth. It takes time to know someone, and the physical world is the best place to do that, not cyberspace.

You say you have saved for a car. Good on you! Focus on that, get yourself financially stable and get out of the situation you are living in. We cannot decide what others will think. You are shell shocked and worn down. Time to focus on only you. As you progress with your plan, you will become more empowered.

Don't listen to the negatives. You do not deserve that sort of treatment - no-one does. And don't forget that families can be the most toxic element in our lives. There are many on this site who can attest to that. It is not your fault, and it's not up to you to fix them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.