WHY am I like this?! How can I stop!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi friends,

I have made it to 6 months without a period so far.

My main physical symptoms are currently weight gain, and all over body aches most days of the month, and low energy. (headaches have subsided, health anxiety has subsided, digestive issues have subsided, skin issues are mostly cleared up. So physically, I am in a better place than I have been in a while).

My main mental/emotional symptom is avoiding social situations, and it's really killing me! I used to love meeting up with friends to chat, even if it was just to ride along running errands or helping clean house or something.

I feel like a horrible friend these days, yet the thought of connecting fills me with dread too.

Can anyone relate?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don’t know what this is or understand it either. I am the same way and would love to know a way to make it stop. I have to push myself to leave the house and have meltdowns when someone comes to my house, even my family who I love with my whole heart. It’s just so crazy and I have been like this for awhile. It doesn’t seem to be getting any better. Happy for you that some of your symptoms are going away. Mine have only gotten worse over the last year. Sorry you too are experiencing this. Prayers for you 🙏🏻

• Posted

hi, mine is periods closer since my perry started last year i hope this ll come soon when they ll go apart im having all symptoms of Perimanopause 😭💔

• Edited

I can relate to what you're saying, Sara. My life has been top-turvy since the inception of menopause; I have been going through it for 17 plus years! Suffice it to say, post-menopause is my WORST stage of the three stages. I am DEEP in the throes of it, and somedays, I feel as if my life of joy, happiness and sanity were stolen from me, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it! The meno trios are ALL NATURAL stages of our lives, yet I am still dumbfounded by the horrific symptoms that come with them. Everyday is a PUSH! I push to get out of bed, push to stave off the negative thoughts, push to get my day going, etc.. The mental torment is relentless, it's hard to believe that imbalanced hormones can wreak soooo... much havoc on us womenfolk! Make sure you are drinking plenty of water , Sara! And on that note, be well, my menopausal sistah!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.