Why am i not being told my MRCP results?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey

I have had an MRCP to check my pancreas to see if there was any cysts this was on the 1st feb, last summer i had a CT with contrast which came back clear;

The doctor acknowledged the results on the 7th feb - and did not arrange a letter or a phone call to tell me my results

i do have a follow up for the 23rd march,

but this follow up was booked at the same time as my MRCP was booked in december, and not after my scan.

Should i be worried that no letter or phone call has been arranged on these scan results? i know there isnt because his secretary confirmed that there was no letter or phone call arranged by the doctor once they viewed the scan on the 7th feb.

Just slightly worried the doctor will deliver some not so good news and has waited over 6 weeks to tell me.

Just some advice would be nice.

Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Very often doctors leave it to someone else to call you. They are too busy to call. You should have called if you did not hear from them.

• Posted

Hi Boffintosh

If you are a UK resident you are entitled to see your results of any test you have had under "The Freedom Of Information Act"

Make the appropriate telephone call and request your results either verbally or in print....best wishes...

• Posted

yes, Call the doc office and request a call back within 24 hours, at the latest 48 hours to find out the results. Most any doc would not leave you hanging if you had cancer. And would have you in right away, on the other hand the state of out health care leaves alot to be desired in today world and we have to be the squeaky wheel many times. So make the call, if you dont hear anything back keep calling them. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.