Why am I so emotionless?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I dont know why but I feel like the world could end and I would feel nothing. I have had family members die and felt nothing my father left me and I feel nothing. All I can feel is pain. Why can't I feel anything. I've never cried for anyone or anything. So what's wrong with me?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What kind of pain do you feel? Is it emotional pain or physical pain?

sometimes when people are depressed they feel numb  emotionally. Kind of flat. Sometimes people are depressed and don't even know it. This is why I suggest you speaking with a counselor you feel comfortable with. They can help you figure out what's going on  and manage this and they deal with this every day . 

if you're feeling emotional pain then something must have happened in your life to cause this. 

you deserve to have peace of mind and be happy.  Make yourself a priority and get some help with this. Hope you feel better soon 🙂

• Posted

Physical pain is the only thing I can feel and I just dont know why I can't feel any emotions.

• Posted

When someone can't feel any emotions that can often be the result of some Trumatic life event but only you would know that. I still say the best bet would be to discuss this with a counselor who can help you figure this out. 

Have you been this way all your life? Like even as a kid?

• Posted

I'm 15 but when I was little I had fun and all that but now I just stay in my room and keep to myself barely talk to my brothers or mom. Could it be that I like put a wall around my emotions so no one could hurt me?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.