Why am I spotting after not having my periods for 2 years

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 53 and am over menopause. Why would i start to spot after such a long time. Its not red blood its brownish, not much but i have had for 3 days now.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alicia,

There are many reasons you could start spotting.  It's best to head back to your gyn to get it checked out.  Your gyn should probably to an ultrasound to check the size of your uterus.  If the width of your endometrial tissue is over 4mm, they will need to check further.  Please don't put off going.  xx

• Posted

Hi alicia, i am post menopause. I had the same my gp sent me to my gyneacologist did a scan & my uterus is 8mm, i had a hysteroscopy & removal of a polyp , all came back fine, you may feel better if you get checked out? x

• Posted

You should go to your gyn and get checked out for your own peace of mind. When I went for my annual gyn exam in March, one of the questions my doctor asked me was if I had any bleeding. I am 57, amost 7 years postmenopausal, and have fibroids. That's a normal question you gyn should be asking. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.