Why am i still getting a tight feeling in my chest

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone i have finished my antibioctics but why is my chest still feeling tight my breathing is better it just feel uncomfortable .

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jayne  Glad to hear at least your breathing is better.  Do you do mucas clearance  ?  I find  when i can clear my airways I don't feel so tight
    • Posted

Hi Marion the trouble is I don't get much mucus so I don't really know what is given me this tight chest I know it's not anxiety .
    • Posted

Gosh I really dont know the answer to give you, hopefully one of our fellow suferers will know
  • Posted

Hi Jayne, good too see the antibiotics are helping fight the infection as for your chest feeling tight it could be due too muscular pains & you might have to wait a while for everything too calm down & settle down. I'm sure it will be ok but if doesn't calm down in a week or go back to your GP. Also see if you can be referred for physiotherapy to help reduce the pain. Good luck & keep smiling :0)
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your comment Dave , i am going to the doctors on Friday this pain is making me so miserable i try to get on with it but it's getting to much sad
  • Posted

All kinds of things can make your chest tight - allergies for example. Lots of people with bronchiectasis also have some asthmatic symptoms too. It's boiling hot at the moment and I feel a bit as if I am breathing through soup! The pollen count doesn't help either. I have two puffers - seretide as a preventative to chest irritation and tightness and ventolin (salbutamol) for instant help with breathing. When I am in a room with a cat I frequently have to grab my ventolin puffer to help my chest tightness. Steam helps too. Speak to your doctor. Hope you get some help . It's a bit miserable sometimes especially in this heat.
  • Posted

Hi Jayne,  When I was really bad this winter I pulled a muscle from coughing so hard.  Maybe you are sore from your infection and it will ease up eventually.   Hope so.  feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.