Why am I urinatint so much?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Male

Caucasian

177 pounds

6’4

Canada

Had this issue on and off for 7 years.

Hello all. I’ve had issues with frequent urination on and off for over 7 years now, and I feel like I’m no closer to solving this issue now as I was when it first started.

It started in September of 2010 and has popped up at least once in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. I didn’t have any sort of issue between the last flare up in May of 2015 and November of 2017.

Over these years, I’ll have these random flare ups of frequent urination where I’ll have to go anywhere from 8-14 times a day. It will usually flare up anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Currently it’s been going on for 3 months now. I have experienced nocturnia maybe twice in my life.

Doctors seem pretty stumped about it and have labelled it as “prostatitis”, despite there being no concrete evidence of that. I’ve been tested for UTIs, diabetes, kidney function, STDs and those have all come back clear. I really have zero clue as to what it could be. The treatments for prostatitis do nothing for me.

Lately I’ve been keeping a voiding diary and tracking when I urinate, how much I urinate and how much fluid im intaking in a day. On average I urinate about 6-8oz at a given time and drink about 70-90oz in a day. 

Does this sound like overactive bladder? Is that something that comes and goes like this? I’m honestly desperate for any sort of understanding as to what’s going on here. I can’t live the rest of my life like this without any sort of treatment options that work.

I’m getting a post void residual test done next week and will be visiting a urologist in February, but I don’t have my hopes up for anything coming from that visit as past experiences with different urologists have proven to be pointless.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Good Evening   I'm so sorry that your going through this a your age.  First of all I think your drinking to much.  I drink about 4 to 5 bottles of water a day.  Your drinking about 10 bottles.  You also have to watch what you eat do you use a lot of salt.  You also have the watch the sodium in what you bye.  It is probably irritating your bladder.  If this doctor can't fine anything try another one.  But if he said all is fine try not to worry.  Try to go back and see if you can figure out what trigger's it.  Take care  ken 

• Posted

Perhaps this could be Bladder Spasms. Ask your urologist.

frank,

• Posted

Damn sounds like a bummer, however it could be anxiety related, as anxiety could increase frequency. Also urine tests are not full proof in detecting all types of bacteria that could cause prostatitis. How many times do you normally urinate, as 8-14 times could be normal for someone drinking 70-90 oz of water a day. In cases of overactive bladder, it usually happens for a prolonged period of time, because of a nerve issue causing the bladder to not communicate properly with the sphincters. Have you changed your dietary habits, as caffeine, alcohol, and spicy foods can irritate the bladder. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.