Why and how does gastritis cause abdominal bloating?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i just want to know why because I have bloating.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am being tested and getting Endoscopy to confirm gastritis or rule out end of this month. I have had such pain and trapped gas with bloating non stop for 2 1/2 months now. Can't eat or drink water. On aciphex now but if I don't eat tiny meals every two hours exactly, the gurgling, pain and bloating gets unbearable. Lost lots of weight.

I have ibs and had gallbladder removed and so sick. Don't know what causes all the bloating but it is horrible.

• Posted

audrey 32349 im the same since aug dont no whats going on but the cramps are awful cant eat or drink water either on 2 sachets of fybogel a day some sort of an ulcer tablet and a probiotic but still the same ..was referred for Endoscopy and Colonoscopy and got letter yesterday to say i will be waiting 6 months for it

• Posted

It may be what you are eating. Suggest you consult a certified dietition or nutritionist for a proper diet. In the meantime Simethicone anti-gas tablets available over the counter will help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.