Why anxiety and panic attack at night ? Starting around 12 midnight

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ladies i need to ask you all if your anxiety or panic attacks start acting up at night. I have been having attacks around 12 am to 4 am. This is driving me crazy. I am scared around this time. Night time scares me now. Is there anything i can take to stop this ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

im so sorry u r going thru this as i also went thru that and i can comfortably say its hormonal. i also dreaded going to sleep. i started taking sleeping pills just to avoid it. there is hope do your research and be your own advocate cause nobody else will keep abetter record than u. just tell yourselfnitll pass and it doesnt last long count down from 10 and do some deep breathing .

• Posted

Hi,

Yes me too, i woke up at 1.30am last night with anxiety. Its horrible, i know what it is, so try to talk myself out of the panic route, i read if my head is too full of stuff, a good distraction. i take magnesium, with added b6, 12 seems to calm me down.

• Posted

Totally. This was my first perimenopause symptom. I felt like someone was shaking me awake every hour. Now I sometimes feel it when I first wake up but I started taking doxepin (a generic form of the sleeping pill Silenor).

• Posted

Thank you ladies for your response. you all are so kind. I am struggling tonight. coping

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.