Why are drs telling me nothing is wrong. So worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

So here is my dtory. I have a baby who is 2. At around 9 months i suffered severe depression and anxiety.  I was put onto fluoxetine after months of suffering and it helped me do much but i then started to feel lots of heart symptoms. Palpitalions chest pain shooting pain it would literally come from nower and happened aloy during the night is wake in a massive panic. I have seen my gp and 2 cardiologists iv had 2 ecgs a 24 hr holter and an ultrasound and they tell me all is ok and i dont have heart problms. Im no longer on the fluoxetine but getting these chest pains often sometimes it can b a stabbing pain other times a squeezing pain.

Is it possible the tests have missed something?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thankyou xxx 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you have had ECG's, Holter monitor, and I assume you mean echo cardiogram, same as ultrasound of heart, that would eliminate heart issues.

How do I know this, husband has serious heart issues, and has for the last seven years been seen every six months at a heart hospital for his serious condition, even had a 3 lead pacemaker installed to make the chambers of his heart beat together rather than as they were doing all beating one behind another, not good for your heart muscle.

Yesterday he had a echo cardiogram done, and then saw the cardiologist immediately afterwards, good news was delivered, heart very stable see you in a years time rather than six months, adjusted meds a little, cardio took his time with husband, at least a half hour appt, which in public hospital is a little unusual, but very reassuring.

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your reply im glad things are improving with ir husband xxx
  • Posted

Hi

If your Dr has given you all these cardiac tests they would definitely have shown up any heart problems dont worry. What you are experiencing it seems is panic attacks which give you the fast beating heart and the pains you are experiencing. Coming off the meds also gives you anxiety. The good thing is as your body starts to rebalance itself, after coming off the meds, your panic attacks will become less and less until they dissappear and the attacks will go away. Use things like lavender oil which is calming and rescue remedy spray to help yourself get over this.

Keep telling yourself you will feel better again because you will.

• Posted

Thankyou so much. The strange thing is i dont feel anxious at all anymore. Iv been off the tablets about 3 months and feel pretty bk to normal xxx
  • Posted

Hi

So pleased to hear you are feeling so much better. Onwards n upwards!

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.