Why are mornings the hardest?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am wondering why mornings are hardest to deal with? Sometimes, I wake up being depressed or just feeling yukky about life in general or the day. By the time afternoon arrives, I feel a little better. The evening is the best. I have calmed down a lot and not feeling so tired, out of it or just zoned out. 

Is there something that I can eat or drink at night so I feel better the next day? I guess what I am asking is what you eat the night before does affect your blood pressure or sugar the next day so.....

Has anyone's experience been similar or close to this? If so, what have you done to beat this? 

Thank you ladies....you all are loved and are in my prayers always

Hope this cartoon puts a smile on everyone's face!! 

Misha

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Misha, have you looked at your adrenal glands.  There is a normal high in the morning and gradual slope to the day.  The production of cortisol, adrenaline and noradrenaline are our major energy hormones.  It may be that you are stressed and in a negative place right now, what can affect your production on these hormones.  

Stress, and the changes of menopause create changes in our adrenal glands. 

This may have something to do with how you are feeing and the difference with how you feel when you wake up and later in the day.

Hope this helps. 

• Posted

Hi , hope you're feeling ok. Know what you mean, some morning I feel really off, somehow not well & just feel weird/strange...I'm like this this morning & that horrible sensation like low blood sugar 😖 I always have breakfast & can eat a few times before lunch because of that yet other mornings I can feel ok but then in couple days it starts all over. Like you, by afternoon can start to feel a bit better, sorry but don't know how to stop this, I just 'ride it out' & many times when I go to bed I just think that's another day I managed to get through. I wish the ok good days would stay for good...oh normality where are you?! 😪 sorry I'm not much help, take care.
  • Posted

Hi Misha,

My understanding of this is kind of simplistic, but basically . . . your cortisol level is high in the morning. Cortisol makes you feel bad. It drops off during the day, so you feel better in the evening.

It is a typical pattern of depression.

You can try to combat it with exercise, especially in the morning.

You can try progesterone cream.

You can try anti-depressants.

If your stress level is high, either due to life, to your reactions to life problems, or due to your basic system (brain sets that are beyond your control, things like acute sensitivity or melancholic personality), you will fall into this depression pattern.

If it is a recent problem, associated with perimenopause, I would try to combat it with exercise first. Of course don't eat or drink anything that makes you stressed (stimulates adrenaline). No coffee, tea, pop, sugar, alcohol. If your adrenaline is stimulated, your cortisol will be too, but cortisol takes much longer to go down. So avoid stress.

Second, I would take a while to think about your reactions to stressors. It is usually something people tackle with therapists and counsellors.

Third, think about meds. If this is a recent problem, think about hrt, or hormonal supplements. Also think about anti-depressants, or maybe tranquilizers to help you deal with stressful situations (so you don't get the cortisol backlash).

I hope this helps you. It can be so difficult!

• Posted

Morning misha.peace. Teeeee that made me laugh Thankyou. I can picture myself 10 years time, teeeee. Anyways morning' s for me are horrible to I'm now 46 (Happy birthday to me from me!!!!!!!). My life is full on my kids r still growing up and my youngest is nearly 8 two weeks after me. I still have the school run. Work etc live like any other women. Mornings I hate I have to get up at least 1hour before everyone else to wake properly. I'm Peri to although my doctor has assured me I am NOT because I'm to young. So I have mainly all the symptoms feel rubbish kids up  to feed, cloth and then run to school and I then goto work. My main problem in a morning is Acid Reflux doesn't matter what I eat or at what time I get it Every morning I take my tablet for this to each morning.  Likewise come lunch time. A break some food and chat for a hour. I'm ok back to my self. I do to wonder if there is some Magic potion for us ladies in a morning we have so much going on in life in a day why carnt something b there for us? Tuesday I even had a Red Bull to pick myself up GOD it did but then I felt deflated again!!!. Well I best be going mad start to the day begins. Ps yes you certainly put a smile on my face with that picky, chin up ladies, look at the picyxxxxxLOL.
  • Posted

Hi, mornings are awful for me. It takes me hours to feel as if im ready to go anywhere, i am dizzy, lightheaded. fit for nothing really. Im always a lot better at night and feel as if the next day is goingto be fab but it never is. I find it takes all my strength just to get in the shower, i feel shaky and nervous in the shower. If i go out i cant wait to come home where i feel safe as im sacred of passing out in front of people ven though i never have. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.