Why are my fourth toes bent like this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've tried straightening them in many ways and thinking it may be a corn, have tried remedies for that too. Corn plasters, medicated corn plasters, corn pens and filing off the dry skin(dry skin does seem to accumulate on the bend), I've even tried stretching and bending the toe. I have no idea what this could be. It doesnt hurt or cause any problems, I just dont like the appearance of it. Is it a corn or something else? Is it just the way my toe is shaped naturally?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi! just wanted to share my story on this, i'm not sure if this will help but perhaps give you peace of mind that I had the same thing on both of my 4th toes (both feet affected) from the photo it seems like the bottom of your toe (when you put your feet down) goes down flatly on the ground - whereas my whole toe was completely twisted around.

I suffered so much with this, I couldn't walk for long periods of time and i'd end up with such bad blisters even if I didn't walk that far!

if you aren't getting any issues to this extent, it is probably not worth getting surgery (unless you felt you needed it for cosmetic reasons!) and before I had surgery, I was using plasters that went around my toe (for extra comfort - didn't help the blister side to it) and I also tried putting hard arch soles in my shoes (which I still do now)

apologies if this was a long and pointless read, I just haven't came across with anyone who's had this like I did 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.