why are some of you so dumb?

Posted , 8 users are following.

One guy posted he's developed AUTOIMMUNE diseases. Another one said Take vitamin c and wait it out. OP was like Yasss thank you.

Selena Gomez was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. She's got lupus and was told to take immunosuppressive drugs. She didn't want to take drugs(perhaps some people suggested to take fruity vitamins and wait it out). Her kidney started to fail. Now, she's a millionaire. A celebrity. Doctors promptly found her a kidney. 

My question to you is DO YOU HAVE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO SAVE YOUR LIFE LATER IF YOU INDEED HAVE AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES? 

If the answer is no, take immunosuppressive drugs and corticosteroids and whatever the hell DOCTORS suggest!  

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

And if you don't have autoimmune diseases and used those words to dramatize your situation, or you don't know what those words mean... there is an invention called Google. I suggest you look up 'autoimmune diseases' in dictionaries and won't use it lightly ever again. 

• Posted

Why would someone with mono take immunosuppressive drugs? A good immune system is necessary in order to fight the virus. Taking those kind of drugs would be detrimental.

Most people on here suggest vitamins because many of us have had lack of appetite (our intake of vitamins decreases because of that.) Without an adequate intake of vitamins the body does not work as it should.

And whoever this Selena Gomez person is, I feel sorry for her, but if she has a lot of money I bet she has the best medical advice she can get. If her kidney started to fail maybe it was because of her disease. A lot of immune diseases attack different organs. If you don't have all the information you can't tell us that her kidney was damaged because of the drugs she was taking.

Most people on here are not doctors, so you should expect the "rest and take vitamins" advice. If someone is feeling very ill, they tell them to go see a dr. No one is prescribing drugs on this forum as far as I know.

Anyway, I fail to see how immunosuppressive drugs and Selena Gomez have anything to do with glandular fever. neutral

• Posted

I think I am the poster your referring to.

First I havnt been diagnosed with anything yet. I'm in the very early stages of being tested due to my symptoms and I have not been told to take any sort of medication right now.

My question was can mono cause symptoms similar to auto immune diseases and not be an actual auto immune disease?

I was looking for reassurance that my symptoms of mono are normal and not something else scary and chronic.

Of course I'm still working very closely with my doctor and doing all the recommended tests.

In the meantime I have done an elimination diet (recommended by my doctor) for IBS and started taking supplements (again recommended by my doctor) which do seem to be helping me.

I currently feel a lot better than I did 3months ago and I don't think it's dumb or crazy to suggest taking vitamin C as it obviously helped Craig with many of his mono symptoms and I did ask for suggestions or advice.

And do you know those drugs you are talking about have severe side effects including deep vein thrombosis and pulomonary embolisms which are life threatening.

Many people choose to try a more natural type of treatment before taking those drugs. A friend of mine took those drugs. He's 28, he first went grey, then lost all his hair, developed sores all over his body and a rash, was told he may be infertile while they were trying to conceive their second child and his auto immune disease is still flaring viciously. The treatment and all it's side affects has not worked.

Those drugs also put people at higher risk for developing cancer so it's not something most people take lightly or do without first doing their research or asking for a second opinion.

Selena Gomez is very young. I'm not surprised she was scared to take that medication. A long term chronic condition with life long severe meds is scary. Most people need time to come to terms with that

• Posted

So now you don't have autoimmune diseases? Still being tested?, gotcha.

But fyi if all your symptoms are caused by mono- it's your immune system's attack on virus. 

You probably gonna be mad again for bring up drugs and not being a doctor, but guess what I spent everything I earned on doctors since april and they gave solid advice. If your immune system can't get it under control, and if it's only mono indeed- you need immunostimulating drugs, antivirals and prebiotics.

Fatigue associated with mono doesn't usually last longer than 6 months but it also feels just like lupus. My advice to you is get ANA screening.  It's a blood test for lupus.

Also how's your c-reactive protein? Liver enzymes? Any abnormalities in CBC? 

Do you still run low grade fever?

My doctor tested me for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis and hepatitis and hiv and everything under this Sun. 

Because many diseases have the same symptoms. And I repeat again , ebv can trigger autoimmune diseases.

• Posted

Just to be clear I didn't say I was diagnosed with anything in any of my posts. Go back and read my OP.

• Posted

WOW!

i love this forum for support and great advice and just to share with people the same feelings and anxieties we are all going through having mono/gf.

I am on the up and really getting better. It's been a while. Nearly 12 months to be exact. Good food, vitamins, drinking plenty and lots and lots of rest.

i hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi Gee,

My advice would only be to take these kind of drugs if the doctor advises you....I don't want people being scaremongered and thinking that people who have glandular fever or mono should be jumping onto these kind of drugs - that is not the case for the vast vast majority of people. If there are complications and other factors involved, let the doctor run tests and advise on treatment.

Thinking of everyone today and hang in there. Great to hear things are going in the right direction Caroline!

Craig

• Posted

Seek the advice of a doctor if concerned about anything whilst going through the virus, I don't have any medical knowledge I am only speaking of my own experience of the virus - but I do think that there are some great people on this site like Caroline, Mono, Rhonda and others who give great advice based on their own experience of the virus.

Craig

• Posted

Vast majority of people? Craig there are only 200 members on this forum. Out of 6 billion world population. Vast majority of people recover in a month. Clearly our immune systems aren't that great if it's taking us forever.  I took immunostimulating drugs for 6 months and agressive amounts of antivirals for 6 weeks. After all that I've started feeling better. Way better.

• Posted

Gee,

my doctor said to me it would take 6 moths to a year to recover. And she was right. I wasn't offered antivirals or any other drugs to beat glandular fever, my body has fought all on its own.

if you're better after 6 months then that's great, well done to you.

• Posted

"I took immunostimulating drugs for 6 months and agressive amounts of antivirals for 6 weeks."

Wow, you must have a very lousy medical service. Yelling, screaming, complaining and pointing your finger at others on a public website is not going to help you recover from mono. Just saying. rolleyes

• Posted

"Clearly our immune systems aren't that great if it's taking us forever."

Who would've known a stranger on a website knows whether my immune system is great or not. Good heavens!

• Posted

Hey bully, you have got to stop being delusional! Had your immune system been great you would not be on here !
    • Posted

My disease started on September 23rd, it hasn't even been a month since I got sick and I feel a lot better right now, I only have a few symptoms. Bully? This is not elementary school. Grow up.

• Posted

If your not going to be supportive and just say nasty or rude comments then you don’t have to be here!! Like Craig said people are here to support one another and share their experience and I don’t think anyone had claimed to be a dr, nor share a magical resolution!’ So like my momma says if

You don’t have anything nice to say or be supportive then shut it!!!!!!!!!

• Posted

Thanks Jennifer that's kind of you. Yes I agree we shoud all be supportive of one another.

• Posted

I agree with you, the OP is rude and childish. There is no excuse for rude behavior. Calling people on here dumb is not a very nice thing. Although we might be dealing with a child, he/she mentioned something about a person called Selena Gomez, a popular singer among kids. If someone is feeling uncomfortable about the OP behavior on this forum, there is a "report this" icon below every post. Let's use it wisely. wink

• Posted

Dan!! Yup!! Just ignorant and really they are feeding on the responses and I’ve reported it already😀😀😀 bye Felicia!!!! 

• Posted

Dear admin/moderator. I would like to report jennifer 77004 who just called me Felicia.

And perhaps dan84262 for asking people to gang up on others.

• Posted

Oh poor little thing. Someone call the waaaahhhhhmbulance. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.