Why are some things so hard to diagnose?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, 10 years ago I had lost feeling in both my legs when I tried getting out of bed that morning. Numbness lasted a couple weeks. I was exhausted, only able to work for 2 hours before needing to go back to bed. This lasted a month or longer. Vision issues. Foggy head. Couldn't think of words. Flare up of plaque Sirius. Doctor sent me for a MRI which showed one lesion. Doctor wanted to re-evaluate 6 months later. But I started feeling better and decided the diagnosis was wrong. 2 years back I lost my sweet taste bud. I know this sounds crazy, but try having that happen. Everything tasted bad and bitter. Then my foot when completely asleep for the whole day, plus major vision change (the doctor asked if I had some medical changes). I still never thought back on 10 years ago until the tired heavy leg feeling came back and the exhaustion and the dizziness. . Went back to the doctor for MRI. No change on more lesions so they don't know what's wrong with me. It's funny that I have flare ups of plaque Sirius when all the symptoms show up. Goes away when I'm feeling better. Is it stress? Or in my head? Anybody have crazy symptoms like mine?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you, I've had symptoms for years and just coped but last year got worse and walking got worse, electric shock sensations and cramps/spasms, pushed for neuro spot and had MRI he confirms my original ms diagnosis but says it but that. I do have spinal stuff on my scan though but I'm in so much pain and walking is getting do bad I'm buying an electric scooter. Do you're not alone, go back to your neurologist and discuss if it could be another neuro problem. Good luck 💠💙

• Posted

I'm sorry your in such pain. Thanks so much for your comforting words. Your mind plays with you for so long. I've lived my life explaining off symptoms. I'm tired, I did too much the day before, I don't drink enough water, I slept wrong, etc... I guess it's easier to believe these small things everyday than to believe a major problem. I guess my concern is, I know medicine can be given to slow the progression. I'd like to hold the electric scooter off as long as I can. I pray your pain gets better. It's aggravating I know. Best wishes for you.

• Posted

I totally understand your frustraition !! i was diagnosed clinically isolated syndrome 2 years ago with 1 lesion on my brain after an episode of numbness, i have had various problems since, brain fog, burning legs, heavy useless legs that is just a few, had 2 more mri's on my spine all clear but not had another of my brain, i am due to see my ms nurse next month and i am going to ask for a brain scan and if no further lesions i want investigating what else could be going on, it's not normal to feel how i do so something has to be going on x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.