Why can't I except that its just anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on here a lot recently, so apologies. 😂 But I just can't except that this is anxiety, I've had blood tests, ECG's, seen a cardiologist and it still hasn't sunk in that it is all just anxiety. The 8/9 months of anxiously waiting to see a cardiologist has done so much damage to me physically, emotionally and mentally its unreal, I really don't know how I'm going to come out of all this, I feel like I'm sinking. Its exhausting. No matter what I do to try and help myself nothing is working - seeing a councillor, attending positive focus groups. I just feel so ill all the time no matter what I do. I had it all a year ago, a great job, enjoying life (despite thetthings that had happened) I was getting on with it, but ever since these heart flutters, skipped beats, the whole shabang started in December. Its made my panic/anxiety go through the absolute roof. No matter what the doctors say, I just don't believe them, because what I'm experiencing is so frightening, I'm convinced they've missed something. I don't know whats happened too me, I'm the complete opposite of who I was - its heartbreaking.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I need some simular stories to mine but with a positive outcome, please?
  • Posted

That's just how health anxiety works I'm afraid, no matter what reassurance we get we just can't take it in. All I would say is its good your seeing a therapist, talk about these feelings with them and keep going with it
  • Posted

I feel as though I've just read something I'd write I am in the exact same boat as you, no one seems to be taking me seriously i don't believe the drs im determined they'vemmissed something out I've had blood tests ecgs etc I want a brain scan but they won't give me one they put everything down to anxiety and it's annoying me! I feel like there's no way out I used to be so confident I done musical theatre was on stage all the time loved my life and now i won't even go out on my own im scared everyday!! I feel your pain if you want to chat and talk to me properly about how you feel messaged away, ive suffered all my life with this stupid condition and i lt just seems to be getting worse

take care xx

• Posted

Hi I kno wwhat you mean about physical symptoms I aslo have them and they drive me crazy, I just want to be norma
  • Posted

I know EXACTLY how you feel! Ive been to the er, no exaggeration 25 times in the last year. Ive had numerous ekgs, chest xrays, lab wrk, a 30 day event monitor, ct scan of heart and normal stress echo 3 years ago. I wrk in a Cardiology office and have spoke to many of my Drs and still not convinced that they havent missed something....Everyone keeps saying its anxiety, but I just cant understand how it can make you feel soo bad! Im currently seeing a Psychiatrist and a Psychologist to try and help me. Up until early last year I felt "normal". Id do ANYTHING to feel that way again......
    • Posted

I think k its just so hard to believe that a non physical thing can cause thee things. I get chest pains,shortness of breath, dizzy,lump in the throat etx,and I know deep down that its all anxiety- but at the same time I still worry
  • Posted

Thanks everyone for your replies 😊

Its nice to know I'm not alone. I always say that I wish I was normal and people always say to me "why would you want to be normal?" Well I could give them a pretty big list 😂

I always get shortness of breath, tire easily, shake/tremble - I have so much nervousness in me, palpitations the list goes on. I've also demanded that I want another blood test for overactive thyroid because I know the levels in that change and I got nearly all of the symptoms, especially the fatigue and the hyperactivity and not being able to control your temperature. So frustrating. 😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.