Why can't my body fall into a deep sleep anymore??

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hi, I am a complete wreck of a person and I need help. I am absolutely exhausted, my eyes are sore and watery and I feel mentally unstable. I have not been able to sleep for a while properly but I have managed. It has now transitioned into waking up every hour and dreaming THE ENTIRE NIGHT. I remember every single dream I have and its driving me insane. Its like I am in REM sleep all of the time. I am so depressed and tired but I simply can t get any restful sleep. I wake up every hour and fall back into a light dream sleep. I am in bed literally 12 hours a night and I am exhausted when I finally crawl out of bed. I cannot work, function or have any form of happiness anymore. I need help. Please. If anyone knows any remedy for this? I am on Mirtazapine 15mg currently and I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder but I manage to be in a calm state before sleep thanks to ASMR and sleep hypnosis videos. If this helps at all, If I get incredibly drunk and pass out, I do not notice the dreaming being a problem anymore (maybe after my first awakening) but when I have drank that much, I tend to stay asleep MUCH longer than if I go to bed without drinking. I know this is no form of solution but this has been my life now for a while to simply function and cope for at least 1 day of the week. Thankyou for reading.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

what did you eventually do to sleep better and how long did it take? and by better you mean you went back to sleeping healthily 8-9 full hours per night or you got used to a sleep pattern that worked for you and you sticked to it?

• Posted

Try drinking a glass of hot adult formula milk 1 hour before sleep. It might help. If you could drink 2 glasses a day but space it out or you end up going to the toilet middle of the night.

Google how digital devices have blue light which disrupt sleep. Try install apps like twilight to switch your phone to block blue light and see if it helps. You could also try not to look at digital devices 1 to 2 hours before bed. It does disrupt your sleep. You might want to try getting a pair of block blue light glasses and wear it few hours before sleep. It will help.

Soak your feet in a small basin before bed in slightly hot water. It helps too.

Magnesium oil sleep spray also helps.

• Posted

hello! I just bumped into this thread and oh my god, I am having the exact same issue. It seems like my body cannot go into deep sleep. I keep turning in bed and when I do fall asleep I feel like I haven't slept. I keep having strange dreams throughout the night but I don't get any restful sleep. It's like I am awake but dreaming. I am so worried. Have you found a solution to this? I am desperate for an answer cause i am going into total panic mode now. Thanks so much.. just an answer about this situation would be a massive help.

Have a nice day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.